Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help on how to deal with offensive people at my kids school.

I am a lesbian and have been with my partner since we were both 15. We have been together for ten years and have 6 kids. My son is 6 and in the first grade. His homework assignment was to bring in a poster with pictures of his family members and to label who they were for family night. He worked so hard on his poster and was excited to take it to school.

When we got to school the teacher asked all the kids to hang their posters up so everyone could see. Another parent commented that my son shouldn't receive full credit for his poster because it has 2 mothers on it instead of a mom and dad. She then told her son not to sit by or play with my son because he carries the gay disease on his clothes. But then she didn't understand why this was rude to say in front of my son or in front of me. Do you find this rude? How would you react if someone said this to you or your child?

Let me just say that I am used to being judged for being who I am and being gay. But I never expected my 6 year old would have to deal with it at school.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I didn't give birth to my daughter,had my son when I was 19,this new baby was planned. I'm financially stable. I'm not on any kind of PA. is it still gasp worthy?

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

I have two and another due in April and I'm turning 21 April third. *Gasp*

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

I didn't give birth to my daughter,had my son when I was 19,this new baby was planned. I'm financially stable. I'm not on any kind of PA. is it still gasp worthy?

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Why?

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

Judesmom333
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
This is a public forum and I am free to ask whatever I'd like. I wasn't judging anyone. I asked a harmless question and she responded.

Quoting MamaHasWings:

The thread is not about how OP and her partner have 6 kids. Quite frankly it's very presumptious and rude to ask such a thing in a thread created in a forum specifically about asking for advice/help! If OP felt it was relevant she would have mentioned it in her post, instead of having to answer a barrage of questions that basically attack her family. SMFH.

Quoting Judesmom333:

yes how do two lesbians have a 6 yr old? did they adopt??

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Did you actually ask that? O_o

Quoting Judesmom333:

how do you have a 6 yr old if you and your partner have been together 10 yrs.?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHasWings
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I quoted your reply but was speaking to not only you but everyone who asked or made rude little comments about their family arrangement. It is a public forum and you are free to ask whatever you like but does that make it right or appropriate?

Quoting Judesmom333:

This is a public forum and I am free to ask whatever I'd like. I wasn't judging anyone. I asked a harmless question and she responded.

Quoting MamaHasWings:

The thread is not about how OP and her partner have 6 kids. Quite frankly it's very presumptious and rude to ask such a thing in a thread created in a forum specifically about asking for advice/help! If OP felt it was relevant she would have mentioned it in her post, instead of having to answer a barrage of questions that basically attack her family. SMFH.

Quoting Judesmom333:

yes how do two lesbians have a 6 yr old? did they adopt??

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Did you actually ask that? O_o

Quoting Judesmom333:

how do you have a 6 yr old if you and your partner have been together 10 yrs.?

cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Why won't u tell me why? Or do u not have an answer because u don't know me? I'm waiting =)

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this
LOL, no teens need kids. Grow up some. Ridiculous.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Why won't u tell me why? Or do u not have an answer because u don't know me? I'm waiting =)

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Why am I not grown up? Sorry but there is no way u can say that! You haven't even met me! You my dear need to do some growing up. How immature to judge complete strangers ON THE INTERNET! Wow lol thank u for proving my point, going to go do laundry now =)

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We waited till we owned a home and have lots of savings to have children. That is being responsible. My 21 yo has a job but couldn't afford a child.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Why am I not grown up? Sorry but there is no way u can say that! You haven't even met me! You my dear need to do some growing up. How immature to judge complete strangers ON THE INTERNET! Wow lol thank u for proving my point, going to go do laundry now =)

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes.

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

Gasp is right!

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Quoting atlmom2:

6 kids and 25. Wow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meowsrus
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Believe this or not: my first instinct would be one of shock & repulsion at the woman, however a spit moment later I would have laughed loud, hard, and wouldn't have been able to stop.

How could someone be so indignant in their own stupidity, it's ludicrous and I would have treated her that way.

So EVERY TIME you see her, laugh at her and her complete life ignorance, because let's face it, she's even lucky she has the smarts to dress and feed herself.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured