Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

3 kids?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have two kids right now, and we are talking about having another baby....anyone have three kids have advice? we have a 3 bedroom house and would have to pair kids us and then there is the money...just kinda wanting someone who has been there's advice

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
If you don't have the money, don't have a 3rd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I have 3 kids...ages 3, 2 and 8 months. The transition from 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3. I learned to juggle everything with my first 2 so that made it easier when my 3rd came along. How old are your other kids? For me one of the biggest challenges is going places. It's a lot of work to get them all ready and out the door. I'm single so I do all the work. I guess it just depends on the ages of your other kids...if they are older and can help out it will be easier but if they are younger it will be kind of hectic. I don't know your money situation so I really can't give you any advice. I spend a lot of money on formula and diapers though. I get WIC but they only give me enough formula for half the month. The other half of the month I have to buy it. A $25 can of formula only lasts 3 days for my son. If you breastfeed or cloth diaper that would save you money though. I really can't give to much advice cause I don't really know your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I'm with Altmom--If you don't have the money, or room, NOW, it sure isn't going to get any better.  And what about decent educations?  I mean more than HS.  What about opportunities to see theater, museums, study a musical instrument?  Hell, what about affording decent clothes, and a big enough car to fit THREE car seats?

AmyL3469
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I am pregnant with our 3rd, I'll let you know in a few months lol

msparks80
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I have 3. Soon to be 13, 9 and 2. I think I was crazy to start again but I wouldnt trade her for anything! I was lucky to have had a girl last or I would have ended up having 1 more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shari55
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I have three daughters, ages 36,23,18, yes they are several years apart and it wasn't a big deal, except that my 23 yr.old had a hard time adjusting to her younger sister. Would I have them closer together ideally yes but that didn't happen. My oldest has five children, three boys and two girls, the boys always shared a room and the girls also shared a room. 

Another word of advise, if you and your husband want to have a third child, that is a personal situation only you two know whether you are able. There is no crime in children sharing a room...if your children are all the same sex, then the oldest get their own room and the younger two share. If you feel you can't afford another child,well aside from being a personal thing. 

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977) she is mom to five(3boys, 2 girls), Nyssa(April 1989) Michaela(August 1994) and four cats

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I have 3, ages 15, 13, and 8. My oldest was so difficult that it was actually easier to go from 1-2 and 2-3 than deal with him on his own. Luckily he had calmed down a bit by the time #3 came along.

Sharing a room should not be a big deal. People have done it for eons. It's the reason that bunk bed exist in the first place.

If you are worried about money, then take your time to decide. But if it's just on things like diapers and formula, then you can use cloth and breastfeed.

mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
going from 1-2 was so easy now going from 2-3 some days i dont know how i do it my kids are 7,4&2....my boys share a room and my daughter has her own....my oldest son hates shareing his room with his 4yr old brother...i would say right down pros and cons and go from their....we wernt planning of having a 3rd for a while but my bc failed me and suprise! here she is....dh and i are done dh got snipped when she was 6 weeks old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
This, almost exactly (snipped at 6 weeks and all)... Except my daughter is 7mo. She was a surprise, and I go nuts sometimes.... But looking at the three of them, I wouldn't want it any other way. I think if you want a third and don't go for it, you may regret it. But, you will never regret another child. Our lives may be crazy now, but I'm soaking it up because I'm sure I'll miss the crazy when they're grown. :)

Quoting mama2my2boys:

going from 1-2 was so easy now going from 2-3 some days i dont know how i do it my kids are 7,4&2....my boys share a room and my daughter has her own....my oldest son hates shareing his room with his 4yr old brother...i would say right down pros and cons and go from their....we wernt planning of having a 3rd for a while but my bc failed me and suprise! here she is....dh and i are done dh got snipped when she was 6 weeks old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Yeah this. It's silly to have another child if you don't have the money to do so.

Quoting atlmom2:

If you don't have the money, don't have a 3rd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)