Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ok, my child is due through scheduled C Section on April 11th. We're getting into crunch time here and I have some serious questions about gear I need to have, how much of what, what are the best, cheapest products etc.

My biggest question is diapers. How many did cloth and what did you think of them? I've talked to my mom about it she tried it with my older brother for a whopping 2 weeks before deciding to go disposable. I know that disposable diapers are SUPER expensive after a while, and I know that cloth diapers can be extraoridnarily messy.

I've looked online, and read some baby books that have these check lists in them, but I haven't actually talked to any new moms on the account that I don't have many friends here where I just moved to. Any suggestions? I have the main things, crib, carseat, tub, some sleepers, a few onesies (I don't know how many of what size to get because I know that newborns are not in newborn clothing for very long) I am not being thrown a baby shower, so I have to put everything together myself. I need some SERIOUS advice for prepping for the due day! Anything is helpful! Thank you in advance!

~Erica~

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Replies (11-11):
FeliciaDurham
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I didn't have a c-section so I'm not sure how that's gonna go for you. I used the underwear the hospital had, to avoid using mine, grab a few pairs from there before you leave. When you go to the hospital bring shampoo, conditioner, body soap, hair brush, toothpaste and toothbrush because you will most likely want to shower. Also a comfy change of clothes or two, chap stick, and anything elts you want. For baby bring some clothes, blankets, hat, mittens, and what ever elts you want, oh of course the car seat and prepare a diaper bag to bring. Inside that should be diapers wipes a changing mat and a change of clothes.  Other things you mite want are camera, batteries, and something to pass the time with like a book or cross word puzzles. A lil bit of cash mite be nice cuz the food isn't always what you want and you can buy better food if you go to the cafeteria. Well I hope this helps. Nobody told me what to bring and thees were all the things I had to have my bf grab after the baby came. Good luck!!! Oh yeah bring your pump just in case. My baby had a hard time latching on and to produce the most milk you want to get started right away. Nurse or pump as often as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)