Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Single mom w 4 hours for herself and no idea what to do

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

My lo is 18 months and I have been single since I was pregnant.i am exhausted a I have been dealing with extra issues such as a possible cancer issue and extra meetings at work so I asked the nanny to work 4 hours tomorrow.

i could g to a meet up to make vision boards since haven't been around adults other than at work.or I could walk al g the beach, sit and meditate on issues n m mind...or I cold Get a hotel room and sleep...an ideas?

UUpdates will have to sacrifice my wallet next time and take 6 hours off, not 4. Time flew away.i went to the post office to pick up a certified letter, then to the library, then to ikea and then late lunch at corner bakery and quick, very quick stop at Barnes and nobles.

i got some wall decor that I wanted for my son and plants so te house looks more like home.

but I learned...4 hours is nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Sleep sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladysamanda
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Get it on with yourself and then go to sleep :)

angtrep
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:25 AM

it seems to me like you have somehealthy and so;id ideas at the moment. I know you have to work, it is normal, but this nanny you speak of, if she is reliable, may be able to help you for now. Listen though, I know you are stressed but you should try to balance your children with your work. If it comes down to it then I can see you quitting your job. I totally understand how you are exhausted being a single mother and I can understand you hiring a nanny. Where are you located?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I think a nanny or reliable child care is a great idea with a single parent.   I would personally catch up on sleep though 3 hrs (using the extra hour for traffic/traveling) will not make a dent in the 100s of sleepless nights you probably had.   I may also go to a hair salon just to get my hair washed by someone else and styled nicely  or a nice lunch out somewhere baby free.  Let the servers take care of my wants/needs for that meal.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Uh, like!

Seriously any time I have alone I jist enjoy the peace- nothing special.

Quoting ladysamanda:

Get it on with yourself and then go to sleep :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM

i would do something you enjoy...whether its peace and quiet, reading a book, go to a movie, have a nice lunch, go for a walk, get mani/pedi, get your hair done..what do YOU wanna do??

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Los Angeles.i was doing ok until I had some health issues

Quoting angtrep:

it seems to me like you have somehealthy and so;id ideas at the moment. I know you have to work, it is normal, but this nanny you speak of, if she is reliable, may be able to help you for now. Listen though, I know you are stressed but you should try to balance your children with your work. If it comes down to it then I can see you quitting your job. I totally understand how you are exhausted being a single mother and I can understand you hiring a nanny. Where are you located?

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I, personally, would sleep.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I feel like doing that but :

1. If I stay home my son won't let me.

2.if I get a hotel room, I don't know f my body will let me sleep between 10.30 and 2.30

3. If I get. Hotel it adds more money and I'm already spending a lot between daycare and the nanny regular hours on Sunday and Thursday 

Quoting MrsJoe125:

I, personally, would sleep.

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I would probably read a book on the Kindle I never get to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)