Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Single mom w 4 hours for herself and no idea what to do

My lo is 18 months and I have been single since I was pregnant.i am exhausted a I have been dealing with extra issues such as a possible cancer issue and extra meetings at work so I asked the nanny to work 4 hours tomorrow.

i could g to a meet up to make vision boards since haven't been around adults other than at work.or I could walk al g the beach, sit and meditate on issues n m mind...or I cold Get a hotel room and sleep...an ideas?

UUpdates will have to sacrifice my wallet next time and take 6 hours off, not 4. Time flew away.i went to the post office to pick up a certified letter, then to the library, then to ikea and then late lunch at corner bakery and quick, very quick stop at Barnes and nobles.

i got some wall decor that I wanted for my son and plants so te house looks more like home.

but I learned...4 hours is nothing.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM

1. My kids were like that too.

2. I get that; maybe take something with you that you can do, but don't have to.  Then you won't feel like you're wasting the time, if you can't sleep.

3. Maybe you could try to sleep in your car (if you can make it comfortable enough).

Otherwise, I would probably go ahead and try to get some work done.  I think you'd benefit from going somewhere other than at home.  Maybe a park, by a lake, anywhere you can get relatively comfortable and spend the time however you feel the time would be best spent.

I understand your dilema. It's important to take care of yourself b/c, if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of your LO. :-)

Rbrown72707
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Take a nap!

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
i would say sleep but have ur nany take the child out ..so u can rest in peace.
JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I'd say do this once per week and then you can rotate activities. :)   If you can't do that, then pick the thing that woudl be the most mentally restorative to you.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I would read and nap at a hotel and then maybe shop for an hour :)

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'd just go walk around a park, sit and relax, even go to a few stores just because even if you can't buy anything. I just go out and do something I can't do with kiddos. I was single mom for 2 years so from the time my LO was 2-4 and when I didn't have her I'd just get out and do something. I wouldnt' waste my time sleeping lol. Now I have 2 kids, and a boyfriend who works overnights, so if I ever get any time alone I'd go just drive somewhere or relax or wander stores. lol

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

If you have a nanny, why not just sleep at home, take a nice bath and relax.  Go to beach if you want. 

one_on_the_way
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I don't know....it all depends on your interests and what makes you feel good.  I have been talking about planning a back massage since my son was born (almost 4 years ago)....but haven't done that yet.  If I REALY just took a day to do something for myself, I would get a back massage and browse a bookstore.

BTW - I was single since I was pregnant, too.  It is a place few people have been or can fully understand.  

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:56 AM

soooo what did you end up doing????

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I get 3 hours or so, three days a week. 

Yeah. Those hours are nothing. I get a little done. Of course , I'm a SAHM, so I just use that time to clean around downstairs or listen to my music at full blast.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)