Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you think it is my water breaking?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 37+3 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. I'm 3cm dilated and lost my whole plug on Wednesday. Contractions r on and off but nothing serious. Today I had to pee and while I was peeing I felt this small pop feeling in my cervix area. If any fluid did come out it wasn't much. This was a few hours ago and I have not leaked anything since.. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this. Idk if maybe my baby is blocking my fluid from leaking or if the pop was something else. My water had to be broken by my doctor with my other two pregnancies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Idk about you but I can tell you I KNEW with mine. It gushed with every contraction and very obvious.

I imagine it could be blocked by baby but if baby were that low- I'd assume you would be in active labor.

I'm leaning toward bladder pressure/ urine leaking.

But I am no obgyn or l&d nurse. Call yours.
havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Thanks for the advice... I may call my ob but I guess I'm kinda just waiting to see what happens. Nothing is leaking out of me. The pop feeling was just really strange feeling.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Idk about you but I can tell you I KNEW with mine. It gushed with every contraction and very obvious.

I imagine it could be blocked by baby but if baby were that low- I'd assume you would be in active labor.

I'm leaning toward bladder pressure/ urine leaking.

But I am no obgyn or l&d nurse. Call yours.

MaddiesMama09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're feeling unsure, I'd give your OB a quick call. Slow leaks happen and babies heads can block it from gushing out. I had a slow leak with my first and it was not near as obvious as most water breaking stories are. They did a quick swab in my vagina and tested the fluid. Sure enough it was amniotic fluid. You want to be careful because you don't want to go very long with ruptured membranes without delivering. It increases the risk of infection for you and baby. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
The "popping" most definantely could have been your water breaking. Thats how it felt for me. Call your ob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
When you felt it did water also come out tho? Because it didn't for me.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

The "popping" most definantely could have been your water breaking. Thats how it felt for me. Call your ob.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. My water broke on its own in the hospital bed. I thought I had peed. lol

Quoting havensmommy820:

When you felt it did water also come out tho? Because it didn't for me.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
So hows it going? Did you call your ob?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
No because nothing has came out yet and I have not had anything else happen except the normal Braxton hicks I have been feeling for weeks now... Just kinda waiting to see what happens.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

So hows it going? Did you call your ob?

confused632
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Try laying down for 20 minutes on your side and then get up and see if you leak.  That is what the nurse had me do when we thought my water broke.  But I did not have the pop feeling.  If your panties are wet change them and then immediately lay down.  When you stand up if your panties are wet or you feel leakage go to the dr.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'd call the doctor about the pop feeling anyway, since you don't know what it was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)