Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever look at your child and think, how the hell could anyone else ever deal with them?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
That is my main concern about child care. He's 1 and gets into everything. He throws fits too lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shellyNkatie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I know for a fact no one else can handle my DD....she just turned one, and basically since about 5 months old she's been throwing fits and no one but me can handle her properly. Even her dad can't do it. lol

Good luck!

nyrngrs01
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

As an early childhood teacher of ages 6months- 5 years I can tell you we see and can handle almost anything! Been working in preschools for over 16 years and I can assure you, yours is probably not the worst :) They usually always act better in daycare than at home!

MJP76
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM

No, my children have always been well behaved. If you're that concerned, you shouldn't make someone else "deal" with your child.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Nah. It has never crossed my mind. We have been pretty lucky when it comes to their dispositions
ladyraven16
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
No. My oldest is a great kid! My youngest is a pain because he has adhd and a sensory disorder but he behaves better for otheer people and is on meds so that helps too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I feel your pain haha. I just feel like no one will have the same patience as me because I love him to bits. Although over all he's very good, as long as he gets his way lol. I still don't let him have his way when he throws his fits but boy is he stubborn! He started throwing his head back in fits around the same age as your DD. When we are out though, everyone thinks he is perfect lol. He will just sit there in my arms and smile at everyone. I'm sure it will get easier to say no and take things without melt downs when he gets older.

Quoting shellyNkatie:

I know for a fact no one else can handle my DD....she just turned one, and basically since about 5 months old she's been throwing fits and no one but me can handle her properly. Even her dad can't do it. lol

Good luck!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM

i have never thought that.  my kid is 8 and has always been very well behaved.

carly1993
by Carly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:43 AM

I know nobody can handle my son but me, he's VERY unruly. I know if I didn't love him so much I wouldn't be able to deal with him.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM

nope, my kids have always behaved and we were complimented on their behavior too...i had no qualms about leaving my kids with someone.  I was more worried about the 'someone' watching them. 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Agreed! I too work in childcare (but with infants) & know that a lot of kids act so much better at school than they do at home! My own brother would get comments about how well behaved he is & my parents would be stunned because he was not that good at home.

Quoting nyrngrs01:

As an early childhood teacher of ages 6months- 5 years I can tell you we see and can handle almost anything! Been working in preschools for over 16 years and I can assure you, yours is probably not the worst :) They usually always act better in daycare than at home!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured