Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you prepare for the week ahead of time ?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

Today is Sunday so I thought it would be helpful to prepare a little for the week ahead.

I layed out my 4 year olds school clothes for the whole week. I layed out my work clothes for tomorrow and when the baby wakes from his nap I am going to lay out his clothes . Will this really help or end up just a mess ? Who knows......... 

What do you do to help prepare for the upcoming week?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shari55
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I prepare my lesson plans for the week ahead of time, this way I know if I need to get anything in the way of supplies ahead of time. I plan my outfits for the week, not that I wear many different things, we have to wear a t-shirt and jeans or scrub tops, but it is nice to have some sort of back up. 

Since I don't eat during the day, that isn't a problem...but I do plan my breakfast for the week.

Being prepared means that I don't have to rush, I have time to relax before I head out the door. Oh I get up two hours before I leave to have the relaxing time and make sure my hair is dry before I leave ( I have long hair and usually just leave it straight)

Without Faith there is no Hope, Without Hope there is no Faith

BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM

You dont eat lunch ? I would get so sick!!!

Quoting Shari55:

I prepare my lesson plans for the week ahead of time, this way I know if I need to get anything in the way of supplies ahead of time. I plan my outfits for the week, not that I wear many different things, we have to wear a t-shirt and jeans or scrub tops, but it is nice to have some sort of back up. 

Since I don't eat during the day, that isn't a problem...but I do plan my breakfast for the week.

Being prepared means that I don't have to rush, I have time to relax before I head out the door. Oh I get up two hours before I leave to have the relaxing time and make sure my hair is dry before I leave ( I have long hair and usually just leave it straight)

Shari55
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

No I don't eat lunch, I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and if I eat lunch for some reason I end up hungry the rest of the day. I still take my hour though to prep and just relax (I work in a Preschool/daycare).

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

You dont eat lunch ? I would get so sick!!!

Quoting Shari55:

Without Faith there is no Hope, Without Hope there is no Faith

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
No, because I am an empty nester. Still never was a big planner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I don't, nothing ever goes according to plan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katvixenstar
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My daughter (she is 7) will often set out clothes for the whole school week. I don't tho, lol. Sometimes i will make sure i have what i want to wear for work together the night before, andbackpacks put together and stuff, but i don't plan that far in advance for clothing, usually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Our schedules are usually set for the entire year, but typically as far as school clothes and lunches and things of that nature, just the night before...it takes like 30 seconds to pull out something for my son to wear to school. My daughter also usually puts her clothes out the night before...so does my husband.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I try to be organized but it usually doesn't work.

GagaNTattooS
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Nothing. Each day is too different

itsamadfrenzy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

The only thing I really do to prepare for upcoming weeks is doing all my grocery shopping on Sundays and planning every nights dinner menu. It makes it easier for me at the end of the day when I dont want to think or worry about what I will be doing for dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)