Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

when to visit

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 25 Replies
When would be an appropriate time to visit a new mom after she comes home? 1 wk, 2 wks?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Call first and ask her. It's different for everyone.

MarylandMom123
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Depends on how close you are with her! I visited my very good friend 3 days after coming home from the hospital (and brought dinner over, of course!). Call/text her to see how she's feeling and if she's up for company! If there's lot of family in town or something, you may want to wait longer. It can feel overwhelming with too many people around all at the same time. Otherwise, 1-2 weeks seems appropriate to me.

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'd say it just depends on the Mom. If she had a c-section she may want a little more time to recover. Give her a call and ask :)

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Ask her. :-) I know I had visitors immediately after coming home and as long as they didnt stay for hours I didnt mind. But I didnt mind people calling and simply asking when it was convenient to come.

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM
It's good to ask. A mom that had gone through a c-section will probably require more time before she wants visitors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melinda32
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Yes, they do. I came home less than 3 days after a csection and everyone and their uncle was there within hrs thanks to the dh, he was excited since it was his first. All I wanted to do was sleep :(

Quoting DragonMother10:

It's good to ask. A mom that had gone through a c-section will probably require more time before she wants visitors.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Depends on the mother. I'd call and ask her. 

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

when she invites you.

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Thankfully I didn't have that problem, everyone knew I needed time to recover.

Quoting Melinda32:

Yes, they do. I came home less than 3 days after a csection and everyone and their uncle was there within hrs thanks to the dh, he was excited since it was his first. All I wanted to do was sleep :(

Quoting DragonMother10:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

When she invites you.  (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)