Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

TEN MONTH OLD WITH HITTING PROBLEM.

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay so I have a ten month old DD and lately she has been very aggressive.
She makes a mean face and everything.

She slaps in the face and pulls on my lips, ears and cheeks.

An example if I tell her no she looks at me mean and slaps mean.
 Now she's only ten months so I don't know how to handle it. I've got some advice to pop her little hand but I feel like I'm just teaching her to hit me when she gets mad.

So what do I do because I feel like if I don't stop it now then she'll be doing it when she's two, three and on.
 And it won't be cute. 

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissamom224
by Brianna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

bump

rissamom224

bump

rissamom224

bump

rissamom224
by Brianna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

bump

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

grab her hand in a stern voice tell her NO HITTING, Hand are for helping and hugging NEVER for hitting or hurting. Then hug her.

TexanMomOf6
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Every time she does something you don't like, put her down. If she can't reach you , she can't hit you. Pay attention to her when she is "good".
Presley77
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Put her down and make a sad or angry face and say no sternly. Dont pick up for 20 minutes to make it a real bummer for her. 

rissamom224
by Brianna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
See I like your advice but I feel like its just to much for her to understand.
Or maybe hugging her will make her think hit= good affection.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

grab her hand in a stern voice tell her NO HITTING, Hand are for helping and hugging NEVER for hitting or hurting. Then hug her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quoting rissamom224:

See I like your advice but I feel like its just to much for her to understand.
Or maybe hugging her will make her think hit= good affection.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I ran a home daycare for 16 yrs, worked in preschool, daycare and am now a nanny. It has worked well with the kids I have been with.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Take her hand and hold it still, tell her "No hitting" and then take her hand and show her "nice touches" to  your face. Stroke her hand over your face several times and then praise the heck out of her, saying "Very good! Nice touching Mommy's face."  Kids this age are very interested in cause and effect and will continue to do things that get a strong reaction (positive or negative) out of you. Discipline at this age is teaching them what they should be doing, and then giving them a lot of attention for doing the right thing. Then, later in the day, you can take her hand again and help her give nice touches to your face again and then praise her again. Eventually she will get the idea that what you want her to do will get her more attention than hitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)