Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I want another baby sooner rather than later hubby don't

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 48 Replies

So, I'm 17 i have a 3 month old daughter and i want to get pregnant again in about 6-8 months. Not to bad were doing just fine being parents. And he wants more a year or two maybe more, he told me if i really want another baby then his exact words "fine we can i guess what ever you want" and i know he doesnt want to sooner...i feel bad that he dont wanna nother baby and i do .-__- o dunno what to do

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

maybe grow up... i didnt even know it was legal to marry under the age of 18

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Dont rush it.  You are young.  Enjoy and focus on the present baby.  Is he the same age as you?  Two children so young would be overwhelming to alot of people.   

Alaanasmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Shut the fuck up seriously dont bash on me, it is legal my parents agreed to it. and signed it over legally and we went and got married , 

Alaanasmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

he is about to be 20 and im about to be 18 and i dont want to rush it i do love my baby girl i just always dreamed of my kids closer in age

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I would honestly give it at minimum 6 months and then revisit the idea of another child.  Letting your body heal completely which can take a long time will help you have another successful pregnancy.

Quoting Alaanasmommy:

he is about to be 20 and im about to be 18 and i dont want to rush it i do love my baby girl i just always dreamed of my kids closer in age

paknari
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you finish school or something so you can give your child/children a decent life? They get more exoensive. Are your kids going to be able to do activities or go to college? It are those things unimportant because you aren't doing them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alaanasmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

i am in school im going to college in august, I have a job so does my husband i have a free sitter (our friend) i do take care of her and i am doing everything i can possibly do she has a good life all our kids will , god im tired of you guys bashing on me wanting another baby , when i could take care of him/her. 

TexanMomOf6
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to the Dr about the recommended space between kids. My DD was told 3 years. It is a good idea to let your body recover before having another one.  Think of it as more time to spoil your daughter!!

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Be careful what you wish for.  Just when you think you have the parenting thing down....the scond one comes along.  It is more than twice the work.  Plus, you don't even know what challenges lay ahead with the first....regardless of the age of the parent.  Seriously.  Also, don't ruin your relationship.  At your age, no offense, you still have some sense of wanting that instant gratification, and getting your way right now.  It will be totally different when your man leaves you and you're a single parent of two.  I'm not trying to bash you at all....I'm being honest.

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
If your not both in agreement, wait 6 months and revisit it.
I had my older two close. They are 15months apart. I ended up in pre-term labor and bedrest because of it. Luckily he was not born early but I had to take pills that made me shake non-stop and have shots that burned weekly to keep him in/ develop his lungs.

I'm not bashing but I would think about this for a while. You sound like you have a lot going on right now. Your newly married, still in school and have a new baby already. Get to know your husband. Finish school and become more financially secure. Personally, I wouldn't have a couple/bunch of children just to have someone else care for them all day because you have to work and go to school. Wait untill you have more time.
Friends and family are not as willing to babysit 2 as they are 1. What happens if your put on bedrest or something. Can you guys afford the what ifs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN