Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please help explain this?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 16 Replies

Soo this is probably going to be long so let me say sorry first but i really just am grr over what ever is going on and to be honest i really havent any idea as to why,So to start off when me and hubby got together almost two years ago i got to know his family and close friends and i adore most of them but some i just cant stand (i.e one of his sisters)well there is this friend and it is a female and she has been a part of his life for many yrs first being friends with his dad (passed away june 2012) and they have always been close she has been with the same guy like 8 yrs she has a son and they have a 2 yr old and a baby one the way (just found out) well i have always been nice to her and her family never been disrespectful or anything and i adore her kids. i have bent over backwards for them and so has my hubby theres been nights we go over to hang out and she is lite and so is her bf and i give her 2 yr old a bath and make sure she gets to bed and i have made sure her son at 12 gets to bed as well, but for some reason she thinks its ok to be a bitch, there has been a number of times she just been flat out rude to me and i have told my husband when she is and it upsets him as well, well she never does it while in the same room as him.. a few months ago she started acting weird towards me and my hubby, to me she wouldn't hardly talk to me or anything like that, and then IF my hubby didnt go over to say hi or have a smoke with them/her or something she would blow up her phone like she was the one married to him, and he got weirded out cause she would like sit really close to him if i wasnt there or convince him to stay longer and hang out with her and it weirded him out too. so we talked and we didnt go over for like 2 weeks and things seemed to change a little, well i have kept my distance from them for a few months and i dont take our daughter (2) to play with hers and it sucks but my daughter doesnt need to be around her when shes being a bitch.. well tonight we went over for super bowl all of us (me my hubby and daughter) and we get there and she has nothing to say to me just a snotty look, well as the night went on i went out to the office/garage to have a smoke and my hubby and daughter were in the house, when i came back in (only like 6-7 mins) my hubby tells me to keep an eye on our daughter she was hitting the other little girl (my daughter doesnt hit other kids period) so i kept an eye on them and they were FINE!! well my hubby went out to the office with the rest of the boys and the friend comes in and says "my daughter doesnt need to be playing with urs" and i asked "why" she didnt say anything and i said "they are fine and being good" well she picked up her daughter and walked off, made my daughter ask why and i had to tell her idk, well she went out to the office with the other people and her daughter kinda disappeared but i didnt say anything, and then all of a sudden i see her daughter draging around a baby bouncer and im like OK idk where it came from but figured it wasnt my kid, and its empty why not! well the friend comes back in and says 'how did this get out here?" i said "idk ur daughter was dragging it around" and she looks at me and says "so YOU think MY daughter went INTO my room and got this out and drug it clear in here?" and i said "idk but she had it" (one of her other friends even backed me up) and she picked it up and stompped off... then she was being a bitch about her hubby not starting her daughters bath water. and at one point he turned on the front room fan and got balloons tangled up in it (not bad mind you) and she asked how they got that way, i said "ur bf/hubby did it, he turned on the fan" and shes like "so your telling me he did it on purpose?" and i said "yes, but they arent tangled to bad im sure they will come right out" and shes like "ya ok i dont think he did" (two other people had to step in and tell her he did) so me and another person got them undone,  i even had my daughter and two other girls clean up her daughters room before the game was over so we could just leave. well a few mins before the game was over my hubby came in and said "its time to go" and i was like "ok, grab ur baby" so he did and got shoes on, i asked him why" and hes like "cause she(the friend) pissed me off so lets go i dont want to be here" so we left and i asked what happen and hes like "she called me a dumbass more than once for no reason i walked in front of the tv to go sit and she called me a dumb ass for it and then called me a dumbass for something else then called me a dumbass cause of another something else" (cant exactly member) and she asked if i(he) was mad i(he) said "no, i just have no respect for you" and she got up and left slamming the door, well when he came in the house to get me and my daughter she told him to get the fuck out.... and as we were leaving shes like do me a favor and he said what so she asked he said "no cause im a dumb ass member"... and we left well with all this being said i have NO idea why shes a bitch to me or us, usually just me and i havent figured it out just yet and idk what to think.... im upset over it cause i love her kids but its also not fair to go into someones home and have them be down right RUDE!! my husband doesnt even want to go over there any more but his truck is there so we cant just NOT go over there ya know.... Shes like family to him (ish) and usually thats where the family and other friends hang out and if we cut all ties we dont hardly get to see the famil...some one explain to me why shes this way towards me and she so stand offish when i ask her things and it just is getting over whelming someone please help explain this please?!?!?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, ok...take a breath.  First off, you don't *need* to understand her crazy ways.  What you need to do is realize when someone interjects drama into your life and has a bad attitude with you - you leave them alone.  Completely.  Cut ties.  You don't go over to their house for the Super Bowl.  You guys had already been feeling weird around her, so why go back for more?  With friends like that, who needs enemies?  Drop her, don't give her another thought and go on with your life.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I'll be perfectly honest with you, without paragraphs and very little punctuation to follow sentences, this is REALLY difficult to read, especially in the middle.  Not trying to be crappy, I just couldn't follow it.  Sorry.  :(

mousesmommy5610
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM

because she has been around my husband and his family for many many many yrs as if she is family plus if we ever really want to see the family 9 times out of 10 they are over there cause they are a close group. thats why we havent cut ties and thats why we spent super bowl over there. but i just dont understand or get why perhaps shes being this way towards me shes not like this towards any other female who is there or her friend and shes not this way any other male who is family or their friend...

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Wow, ok...take a breath.  First off, you don't *need* to understand her crazy ways.  What you need to do is realize when someone interjects drama into your life and has a bad attitude with you - you leave them alone.  Completely.  Cut ties.  You don't go over to their house for the Super Bowl.  You guys had already been feeling weird around her, so why go back for more?  With friends like that, who needs enemies?  Drop her, don't give her another thought and go on with your life.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Quoting anotherandree:

I'll be perfectly honest with you, without paragraphs and very little punctuation to follow sentences, this is REALLY difficult to read, especially in the middle.  Not trying to be crappy, I just couldn't follow it.  Sorry.  :(

Exactly and the font size coupled with the color hurts my eyes....you may get more and better responses if you change it...:)

mousesmommy5610
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM

better?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting anotherandree:

Exactly and the font size coupled with the color hurts my eyes....you may get more and better responses if you change it...:)

rrs256
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I am surprised no one guessed this but out of all of the antics maybe she has feelings for your husband. It sounds like she in her weird ways is actually hitting on him. Here is an example in the beginning she was mean to you but not around your husband. You have what she wants. Then when she tried actually putting the moves on him (sitting too closely for comfort) he got weirded out (rightfully so bc he doesn't have feelings for her). He then in turn cuts off contact (she then sees he's sticking with you). As a result takes it out on the both of you guys. Honestly that's what I get from it. The girl wants your husband. Jealousy. I would just cut the lady out of your lives or have your husband actually tell her, "look we are friends, have been for years but you need to stop attacking my family. I don't know why you are but you need to cool it."

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

It is better but still hard read.  :(

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

better?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting anotherandree:

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
She obviously has eyes for your husband, I wouldn't put up with it,if u want to see the family just invite them over to your place
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hexxuss
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I'm with the ones who say she has eyes for your husband, and has for quite some time.  In all reality, I think it's your husband (from the sound of it he doesn't like confrontation), who needs to confront her & ask her what her issue is.  If she admits what we all think the issue is, then he needs to be straight to the pojnt & tell her that they can be friends, nothing more, ever & if she can't start being civil to you ALL then you guys simply won't be around her.  I'm confrontational enough that I would corner her & ask her myself, and tell her it's obvious that she has eyes for my hubby & she needs to concentrate on her OWN husband & stop acting like a bych.  Spades are spades, shouldn't be afraid to call someone what they are to their face - at least that way they can't say you were taking behind their backs!

January1964
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Paragraphs, please, and also please add punctuation and capitalization in the right spots. This is hard to read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN