Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stressed and need opinions! (Baby daddy issues) LONG

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 AM
  • 1 Replies
Just a little FYI, my baby's father and I aren't together. He wasn't around much at all throughout the whole pregnancy. We live 25 mins away from each other and he is unable to drive himself here cuz he doesn't have a license. He says he's trying to get his life picked up by finishing up school, getting a job and getting a place of his own. He also has a new gf. I'll be 20 in may and he just turned 21. I for one spend my time raising my son along with doing online school and work twice a week. I do live with my parents and they help a lot.

Now, after a whole month of not seeing his son, his father is hurt by it but overall I have been trying to tell him that I'm not always going to able to go to him all time time because of what I do. He still wants to see him more regardless. I wanted to try and use my Sundays to allow him to see our boy, but that's a lot of work on my end AND he wants to be able to see him more, other than just Sundays, within the next few months. And he says if he can't that he'll go to Parental Guidence to figure it all out. But, he doesnt wanna havevto do that because he wabts us to figure it all out (meaning me figure it out) Well our son is under my name, under my insurance and is living at my (parents) house. I can't imagine he'd be able to do much. And because he knows so little about babies I don't wanna leave our son with him alone at all. He sees no reason why I can't just leave him with him on the days I work or when I'm in the neighborhood doing things, but I don't bring our son in to town at all unless it's for an appt. He's still so young and I don't want him getting sick.

ANOTHER FYI is that they don't really have anything for him, like a crib or carseat or anything! I can't being him everything.

I know he's my son and everything should be my decision, but I go by my parents advise cuz, of course, they know best. I'm obviously still leaning and now because of this issue it has me in such a rut, I just don't know what to do! None of it makes a lot of sense to me and trying to tell his father my opinions on things is like talking to a wall... My parents really don't like him and don't believe he even deserves to see him cuz he hasn't contributed at all in any way. Hasn't bought anything or payed for anything. It's all been me and my side of the family. I for one tho an trying to keep things fair and civil, but overall, how fair is it really when he expects me to do everything just because he's unable to do certain things in his own. I just am so stuck.

Plz give some opinions and ask questions about anything, but plz don't judge. If you don't have anything nice to say about any of this then plz don't say anything at all. I already know how messed up this situation already is.. At this point I just need to know what my options should/could be.
Thx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I'm not sure what to do but maybe the Single Moms would have some suggestions for you, too:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)