Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

no reflection

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

i used to have a rocken body before i got prego and i thaought if i eat right and walk a lot while im prego then ill go right back down....

But, i got too big when i was prego and that was from the water wieght. i have so many stretch marks on my legs and belly that its so gross, and im not lossing any weight. i hate looking at myself in the mirror. i feel so ugly and un attractive. i ask my husband why he would like to see me naked because im so gross and its because he said he loves me but i dont understand how he could even think i was sexy because i doesnt like fat girls and i consider myself fat now. i used to be a size 0 and now im a 7 and i dont seem to be shrinking. i dont care if i go back don to a 0 i just want to be thin and less stretch marks. i have tryed everything. creams, jogging, eating right. nothing is working.

i just want to get my confedence back... and i cant with this body.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
breebree04
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I was young when I had my first baby and felt exactly like you do but there comes a time when you have to realize that your a mom now and your body changed because of that. You can lose the weight and tone up some and the stretch marks will fade alittle over time but you just have to learn to be confident with the body you have now. It took me along time to realize that. I also couldnt imagine why any guy would want to see me naked, let alone my husband at the time who had seen my pre baby body, but I realized over time that if they love you they dont care and it bothers them more when your self concience and hide your body.

Miss-tearious
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Try feeling like this your whole life, sans being pregnant. Welcome to my life!

Part of having confidence is loving the body you have RIGHT NOW. It isn't easy, but there is always room for improvement and if you are always saying, "I wish I was a size X," or, "I will feel sexy when I look like this," you will never be confident. Confidence comes from within, not your physical appearance. I would focus on being healthy, not on being a certain size.

MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Being a 7 isn't horrible.. Be thankful it's still a single digit!! Most women don't get that! It took me 3 years after my last child to get back down to a size 3. I have never been a size 0 because I have a butt...lol

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Be as healthy as you can be by eating the proper things and exercising daily.   Your body may never go back to size zero since it goes through some pretty major changes during pregnancy.   I will not say what size i am for fear you would pass out since i was formerly a zero and HATED IT.  I am confident in myself since i am eating healthier and really do watch portion sizes for meals and snacks.  I find clothing that fits my body rather than focus on the number size on it.

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM

eat healthfully so you can be healthy for your family

As for your husband, be thankful he finds you sexy; don't worry about whether you find yourself sexy or not, you don't have to have sex with you... you know what I mean.  I had (have) the same problem; I was a 0; I got up above a 10 (I don't even know b/c I wouldn't buy clothes at that size) and I'm back down to a 4 (wish I could be a 2, but I'm not holding my breath).  Anyway, dh has always found me attractive, even when I felt "fat and ugly"  I asked him why he didn't think I was fat and ugly too, what was wrong with him, can't you see THIS and THIS and THIS (as I grabbed and shook handfulls of blubber).  He said the same thing as your husband, that he loves me and I'm attractive to him.  I try to be healthy, but I also try not to think about what I think of my body and focus on what he likes to do with it. ;-)

brookealexis
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM

thanks everyone

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Quoting MJP76:

Being a 7 isn't horrible.. Be thankful it's still a single digit!! Most women don't get that! It took me 3 years after my last child to get back down to a size 3. I have never been a size 0 because I have a butt...lol

Not horrible?!   It's freaking awesome... and I've never been heavy. 

OP-  When I was a size 2 after my first, I had no figure... I looked like a little boy!   Men like women with some curves... he probably actually loves your new body even more.   It's only us women that want that unattainable "perfect" tiny size...  Buy yourself some good fitting clouthes... get out of juniors and try misses, and then embrace your new body and get confident!   I'm currently a size 10 (I'd prefer to be an 8, and I think I probably look better as a 6)... BUT, I'm very comfortable no matter my size and that confidence is what's sexy, not the actual size of the body.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, I said "not horrible" simply because she feels like it's not her skin, and I can relate to that. I've always been small, so I wouldn't want to be a size 7 either...but I can relate. I'm a size 3 and I look nothing like a little boy. You can be tiny and have curves..

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting MJP76:

Not horrible?!   It's freaking awesome... and I've never been heavy. 

OP-  When I was a size 2 after my first, I had no figure... I looked like a little boy!   Men like women with some curves... he probably actually loves your new body even more.   It's only us women that want that unattainable "perfect" tiny size...  Buy yourself some good fitting clouthes... get out of juniors and try misses, and then embrace your new body and get confident!   I'm currently a size 10 (I'd prefer to be an 8, and I think I probably look better as a 6)... BUT, I'm very comfortable no matter my size and that confidence is what's sexy, not the actual size of the body.  

SRUsarahSC
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM

stretch marks will fade over time but unless you have them surgically removed, they are there for life.  You won't care about them when you get older and all your friends get them too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN