Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Fibroid questions

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
So, I have fibroids. I've been taking birth control pills for them going on 9 months.
I'm still having gas, swelling, painful ovulation, and the periods are horrible.
Anyone have any experience with this?
I'm starting to think hysterectomy and want some input from other moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Have you tried another kid of birth control. My birth mother, her mom and her mom all had them. So far I have not had them but just talked to my Dr about this.

She told me there are different birth controls and IUD's we can try if I do get them. We will start with one and work our way done the list before hysterectomy.

Sorry I can't help any more then that.

AromaDrops33
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I would they using Frankincense or Helichrysum essential oils. For one, they are all natural with no side effects, and for two, they really can help soothe pain and discomfort. There are two ways I recommend using these for fibroids. You can place 3 drops of one of the above mentioned oils in a douche, or you can apply to reflex points on your feet. If you need more info feel free to message me, good luck

SpiritedMom2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

First educate yourself about fibroids - read up the treatment options. Hysterectomy is usually the LAST resort - there are many other ways to beat fibroids. I have a book on natural ways to get rid of fibroids (i suffer from fibroids and adenomyosis) and its worked a LOT for me. Its called Fibroids Miracle by Amanda Leto and its available as an online downloadable pdf book.

Paradys
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I had an IUD when all this started but the bleeding was heavy that it fell out, this is my third type of b/c pill, and my dr said the next step is Lupron shots but she's worried about my emotional reaction to that much estrogen since I'm prone to bi-polar.

Quoting Raeann11:

Have you tried another kid of birth control. My birth mother, her mom and her mom all had them. So far I have not had them but just talked to my Dr about this.

She told me there are different birth controls and IUD's we can try if I do get them. We will start with one and work our way done the list before hysterectomy.

Sorry I can't help any more then that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN