Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dating again?!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so I'm new to Cafemom but need a little advice please. I'm 34yrs old (well almost 34 I'll be 34 in March.) I have 3 beautiful girls who are my world. They are 5, 5, and 22months. And just recently a good friend of mine asked me if I thought about dating again. (I was in a very wonderful relationship until Sofia came along then things went down hill very fast.) I'm sure were or how to begin lol. Another friend of mine says she has someone she would like to try and set me up with. But I'm so worried! I mean I have kids! So my question is how in the world do you juggle 3kids plus date?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
When you figure that out I'd love to know! I'm a single mom with a 2 and a half yr old and have been single basically since I left my son's dad 3 yrs ago. I also used to work 2 full-time jobs and am now in school fulltime instead. I'm ready to start dating but seriously struggle with balancing everything to have the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Thats where I'm at too! I work full time and with kids thats a full time job in itself lol. It's hard to be a single parent sometimes.

Quoting singlemama0905:

When you figure that out I'd love to know! I'm a single mom with a 2 and a half yr old and have been single basically since I left my son's dad 3 yrs ago. I also used to work 2 full-time jobs and am now in school fulltime instead. I'm ready to start dating but seriously struggle with balancing everything to have the time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Extremely difficult sometimes. Most of the time I'm too tired to even want to go out anymore lol

Quoting mama.samm.2.3:

Thats where I'm at too! I work full time and with kids thats a full time job in itself lol. It's hard to be a single parent sometimes.

Quoting singlemama0905:

mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Same here! My friends and I just happened to get on the topic of it because I had a super bowl party at my house lol.

Quoting singlemama0905:

Extremely difficult sometimes. Most of the time I'm too tired to even want to go out anymore lol

Quoting mama.samm.2.3:

Quoting singlemama0905:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Well, when I started dating, I laid it out on the line. I have kids, they are first and always will be. I didn't want a guy with kids, it's my own choice. I didn't want to deal with baby mamma drama. But I also laid out that I am a package deal. Sure I delt with some idiots and things, but I met my dh. He knew my kids dad was totally out of the picture. He met my kids about a month after we became offical, he would take us all out at the sametime. We would eat at chuck e. cheese, kids would play and we had a date. I loved how my dh is with my kids, and that's important to. But set standards, know what you want, know what you don't want, would you be open to a guy with kids or not. Make your kids your number one when making these choices.
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Haha yeah..I'm actually talking to someone finally, but he's also a single dad, full custody of both his boys plus lives in another state, so its a lil easier...crazy as that sounds. We're both so busy and we can't see each other during the week anyways so it's a lil easier finding a balance with making time to text and call lol

Quoting mama.samm.2.3:

Same here! My friends and I just happened to get on the topic of it because I had a super bowl party at my house lol.

Quoting singlemama0905:

Quoting mama.samm.2.3:

Quoting singlemama0905:

starsis68
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I. Was a single Mom when I. Meet my husben he had 2 boys so it made it a little better. The boys were close. In age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I'm a single mom to 3 kids too (ages 3, 2 and 8 months.) There's really no way I can date anyone right now. Even though I do get lonely I feel like I need to just focus on myself and my kids. I'm 27 years old and this is the first time I have really been single since I was 15. I don't even know if anyone would want to date me anyways...I have so much baggage lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I did it.  It's not as fun as you would think. :)

DH used to come over after the kids went to bed and we'd sit out on the patio and chat.  Watch a movie in the living room.  Sometimes he'd come over after working a night shift at 5:30am and I'd get up and we'd chat and just hang out until the kids got up for school.  We'd go out when the kids were with their dad, but I didn't bring in babysitters.

He didn't spend the night until years in to our relationship when the kids were there.  A lot of our dates, after it had been a while and I was sure about him and intro'd him to the kids, involved the kids.

It worked for us, but I'd known DH for quite a while before dating.  He knew exactly what he was getting into, and jumped in with both feet.

Im-HiDdEn
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I would focus on my kids and let the guys come to you, if you find someone who does want to date you and respects that your children do come first and always will everything will fall into place. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN