Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Why are you up?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM
  • 23 Replies

I was going to get starting sewing doll clothes for my daughter's 3rd birthday (she's getting an 18" doll) but suddenly the day has caught up to me and I'm exhausted!

Can't go to bed though because the dishwasher has an hour left and I have to babysit it.  It won't turn off when it is done it will just run all night long.  So I have to stay up to turn it off.  If only I was getting more than $200 back from taxes I would buy a new one :(  Well, $200 is a start right?  With my little guy having SPD I really need a quiet one and those run closer to $800 uggh!

Why are you still up?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I just got done with the last hand feeding of the day for my baby cockatiels
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:12 AM
My 1 year old son has croup. So I'm up sitting in a steamy bathroom with him. :( my poor baby. It devastates me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Oh I hate croup.  My son had it so many times it was crazy.  Kept landing us in the ER.  We were there so often there was one ER doc whose son had reoccuring croup as well and before we even made it into the room he would listen to my son's chest and order a breathing treatment.

I hope he feels better soon.

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

My 1 year old son has croup. So I'm up sitting in a steamy bathroom with him. :( my poor baby. It devastates me.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
MaddiesMama09
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Oh my goodness that sounds awful! I pray to God we can avoid that kind of issue. I have been in and out of the ER this whole flu season with my kids. My 4 year old daughter just had viral pnumenonia and it was awful! My son (same one with croup) had horrible bronchiolitis and an ear infection 4 weeks ago. So here we are again with more illness. I seriously hate preschool for all the germs its brought to my home and family.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Oh I hate croup.  My son had it so many times it was crazy.  Kept landing us in the ER.  We were there so often there was one ER doc whose son had reoccuring croup as well and before we even made it into the room he would listen to my son's chest and order a breathing treatment.

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM

It was terrible!  And now nobody can decide if he has asthma or not.  But it only pops up with his springtime allergies so I'm hoping we don't have a problem this year.

You guys have really been through it recently haven't you :(  We've been lucky so far.  Hubby had the flu but the rest of us have been healthy despite school.

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Oh my goodness that sounds awful! I pray to God we can avoid that kind of issue. I have been in and out of the ER this whole flu season with my kids. My 4 year old daughter just had viral pnumenonia and it was awful! My son (same one with croup) had horrible bronchiolitis and an ear infection 4 weeks ago. So here we are again with more illness. I seriously hate preschool for all the germs its brought to my home and family.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Jet lag
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Uggh this dishwasher seriously needs help.  It still says it has an hour left!

dkrmlr
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Since we moved we were short a washer and dryer, but today we our new one were delivered. I'm pretty sure every one was about out of everything....here to load who knows how many now. Lol

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Well at least you are up using your new appliances instead of waiting on your broken one!

Yay for washers and dryers.  I can't imagine not owning my own!

Quoting dkrmlr:

Since we moved we were short a washer and dryer, but today we our new one were delivered. I'm pretty sure every one was about out of everything....here to load who knows how many now. Lol

CuzImMOM
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:54 AM

its dh night off and he wanted me to stay up and watch movies with him. Good thing dd is in school so i can get some sleep before i have to take dh to the dr tomorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN