Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I would like opinions on wheather to vaccinate or to not vaccinate. My daughter has already gotten her two month shots but I am not sure if I want her to get anymore. I would like to know pros and cons, and also why you chose to vaccinate or to not. Please HELP!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
hollieh79
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this
I vaccinated both of my children. My first child was on time. My second child wa on a slower schedule simply because we moved and I had to find a good pediatrician. I think the risk involved with the toxins in vaccines is outweighed by the diseases they could get. my girls, thankfully, are very healthy. I also keep them on omega gummy vitamins and keep their diets full of veggies. Good luck! Try not to worry too much :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I vaccinated my son, mostly on schedule (some delays because of him having  a cold at the time, etc).  I trust them.  I not only want to protect my son, but the kids out there that are medically fragile and unable to be vaccinated. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

piwife
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I delay vaxs. My oldest was back on time, middle a little delayed and my youngest is 9 mts and so far has only received her 2 mts shots at 6 mts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe all the scary stuff about vaccinations being bad or even potentially bad. What I made my decision on was, how would I feel if I didn't get my kids vaccinated and then the got those diseases? I'd feel super guilty and like a bad parent.

However, later I got lazy. Like middle school time? Then I got whopping cough but they hadn't been updated against that. OMG, I felt so bad.

RADmomma
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM

we do not vax at all.

please go through the list in the first reply!!! awesome list & resources

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
We vaccinate on schedule. I love vaccines.

I do not have to fear Polio as my grandparents and great grandparents did. Vive le vaccines.
jenC1978
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I vaccinated at a slower pace.  One shot per visit only.  I researched the hell out of vaccines which you should too.  You have to read up on it and make your own decision.  I am glad I did what I did.  I never agreed to giving a kid so many vaccines at once.  I also only gave what was necessary for school.  You also need to find a pediatrician who won't bully you.  I had to switch when my son was a baby since his 1st pediatrician was an asshole. 

jenC1978
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I don't think anyone is catching polio with or without the vaccines. 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I do not have to fear Polio as my grandparents and great grandparents did. Vive le vaccines.

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol it's because of vaccination that Polio is no longer a threat in most places. There are impoverished countries that can't afford widescale vaccination where it still exists.

Quoting jenC1978:

I don't think anyone is catching polio with or without the vaccines. 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this
We vax. We feel it is best for our family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN