Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I would like opinions on wheather to vaccinate or to not vaccinate. My daughter has already gotten her two month shots but I am not sure if I want her to get anymore. I would like to know pros and cons, and also why you chose to vaccinate or to not. Please HELP!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
micheledo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
And yet any current cases of polio are BECAUSE of the vaccine. The cdc even says that there have been no WILD cases of polio for over thirty years. The ycan actually do genetic testing and trace polio today back to the vaccine! Even overseas - when you hear of polio outbreaks they are usually/always (?) Caused by the vaccine!

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Lol it's because of vaccination that Polio is no longer a threat in most places. There are impoverished countries that can't afford widescale vaccination where it still exists.

Quoting jenC1978:

I don't think anyone is catching polio with or without the vaccines. 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

We vaccinate on schedule. I love vaccines.

I do not have to fear Polio as my grandparents and great grandparents did. Vive le vaccines.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

We chose largely not to.  We went ahead with what the dr's said until we made up our minds completely not to.  We didn't b/c there was too much controversy on their safety and they were adding new ones about every year at that time we started having kids.  IDK what it's like now, but schedules were also being accelorated at the time, so we just decided not to do it anymore.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

now, it's like 50 shots by the time they go to kindergarten..

Quoting MrsJoe125:

We chose largely not to.  We went ahead with what the dr's said until we made up our minds completely not to.  We didn't b/c there was too much controversy on their safety and they were adding new ones about every year at that time we started having kids.  IDK what it's like now, but schedules were also being accelorated at the time, so we just decided not to do it anymore.

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM

When I started having kids, it was like 10 rounds by the time they were three and each round was usually one, sometimes two, shot(s) of like two or three vaccinations each round.  I'm glad they're stretching it out now.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting MrsJoe125:

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

they'r e not stretching anything out...kids today get more UNtested combo vaccines than ever before...and they get them all at once, too...no way to tell a reaction to any particular vaccine, since so many are given in one settting. 

Quoting MrsJoe125:

When I started having kids, it was like 10 rounds by the time they were three and each round was usually one, sometimes two, shot(s) of like two or three vaccinations each round.  I'm glad they're stretching it out now.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting MrsJoe125:

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Never, EVER ask for opinions on how to take care of YOUR child that doesn't have a medical license/degree. Talk with your child's Pediatrician about vaccinations and you decide what you should do. Many people choose NOT to vaccinate because they hear so many horror stories that they just flat out refuse. Not everything online is true either. I was vaccinated and nothing happened to me. My son has been vaccinated on time, and nothing has happened to him. The child I am carrying will be the same. It was MINE and MY HUSBAND'S choice to vaccinate. If you chose to no longer vaccinate, that will be YOUR choice. DO NOT let ANYONE tell you whether you should or shouldn't vaccinate. Also don't let anyone tell you, you are a bad mother if you decide you will continue to vaccinate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
5PointedHuman
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Having done my research, I can say confidently that we do not vaccinate our children.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Of course, yes! You want her to be protected from those very serious diseases! Whooping cough, measles, flu, can all be fatal.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM

theres not much protection since most cases of WC, measles and flu were in vaxed individuals...doesn't say much for protection against anything

Quoting Lindalou907:

Of course, yes! You want her to be protected from those very serious diseases! Whooping cough, measles, flu, can all be fatal.

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, you are really asking for it coming here for this advice!  Hotly debated.  Please, go discuss your concerns with your pediatrician.  Talk to more than one if it makes you feel better.  But do not get your facts here, and God help you if you start going on anti-vax web sites!!  yikes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN