Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I would like opinions on wheather to vaccinate or to not vaccinate. My daughter has already gotten her two month shots but I am not sure if I want her to get anymore. I would like to know pros and cons, and also why you chose to vaccinate or to not. Please HELP!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Replies (71-73):
emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM

and theres online schooling to keep up with work, too

Quoting LilliesValley:

In our state there is a waiver but the kid has to be out four weeks after the last outbreak so a kid could end up missing a lot of school from not being vaccinated. Just throwing this in there.

Quoting emmy526:

all states but two have waivers

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I did it in order for my child to go to school and do sports. It is required by law. It doesn't hurt anything and the only one I am against is the chicken pox vaccine.

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Which may be offered in some places but not everywhere. I just mentioned it because its not just as dimples as getting a waiver. If both parents work and there is a chicken pox outbreak at your childs school they could be out of school for a month and a half to two months. That could be devestating to a working family. Again, just throwing it out there.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting LilliesValley:

In our state there is a waiver but the kid has to be out four weeks after the last outbreak so a kid could end up missing a lot of school from not being vaccinated. Just throwing this in there.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I did it in order for my child to go to school and do sports. It is required by law. It doesn't hurt anything and the only one I am against is the chicken pox vaccine.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM

true, but my kids already had pox in the 90's, and my kids are done with school next year...never had to deal with an outbreak of anything.   It is something a parent has to consider...most nonvaxed i know would keep their kids out of school anyway, if a major outbreak were occuring. 

Quoting LilliesValley:

Which may be offered in some places but not everywhere. I just mentioned it because its not just as dimples as getting a waiver. If both parents work and there is a chicken pox outbreak at your childs school they could be out of school for a month and a half to two months. That could be devestating to a working family. Again, just throwing it out there.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting LilliesValley:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)