Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I just don't know...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

I dunno if I'm overreacting about this or what. As long as my husband and I have been together, 7 years, we've been living together pretty much the whole time too. I've always known he can be a bit stupid with money and just not think about certain things, but I don't know what's going on with him again lately.

He had a dentist appointment yesterday. Just a cleaning and X-rays to get his last 2 wisdom teeth out, supposedly. Well, he comes home and says they want to do some unecessary treatment that's going to cost 1500 dollars. He needs to pay 250 up front before anything is done, then 70 a month until it's paid off. This is AFTER insurance too.

So I am livid he agreed to this without talking to me first, which is what I have the problem with. He's ALWAYS making money decisions without me. We can't just blow 250 bucks on a whim, plus 70 a month for how long? This is what I'm having the issue with here, should I be upset, would you be? He does this crap all the time. I think that much money is worth talking about, especially if it's not NEEDED.

Then, later on, I'm looking over the paperwork the dentist gave him, and it says we need to pay the 250 up front, then 78 a month until it's paid off. So, he just lied to me about the payment.... also, it's almost 1700 dollars for this treatment, not 1500.

I know to some people that's not a huge payment, but for us to rearrange everything in our budget to fit it, it's not an option.

We just signed paperwork to buy a new van, so we have that new payment starting next month, plus insurance and additional AAA for the van.

I just don't understand what goes through a man's mind. Like, you've been bitched at about spending money without talking to me first before, what makes you think I won't get upset now?

To boot, we have to buy ALL new baby furniture for this baby since ours was lost after our 2nd daughter due to a fire, and he just got a speeding ticket too, which he's never had in his life, btw, so this isn't a common occurrence.

I am just adding that this is not about his wisdom teeth. Just to get his teeth out will cost 60 bucks with our insurance. This is about the treatment they want to do to his teeth that is not needed at all. Purely choice.  That, and the lying, is what I have the issue with here. He needs the teeth out, no arguments from me.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM

BUMP!

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I wouldn't care if he really needed to get those teeth out. My husband had all 4 of them out at once. He was in a ton of pain so I can see your husbands point. But at the same time I can see yours if you truest don't have the money to pay for it. It's a lot of money for his dental work. I'd call around and see if you can get it cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM

It's not about the teeth out, he's getting that done. That's only 60 to have it done plus pain pills. It's the unecessary treatment and lying I have the problem with.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

I wouldn't care if he really needed to get those teeth out. My husband had all 4 of them out at once. He was in a ton of pain so I can see your husbands point. But at the same time I can see yours if you truest don't have the money to pay for it. It's a lot of money for his dental work. I'd call around and see if you can get it cheaper.

CafeMom Tickers
Keda84
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I understand where you are coming from! My hubby does stuff like that too my DH went out of the country and on the 2nd day I had to send him money and last night he call asking for $500.00. So far he has spend 1100 in 5 days!! I would call a dental school they are usually cheaper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Sorry I thought the money was for the teeth getting pulled. What is the treatment that cost that much?

Quoting EvilAsh:

It's not about the teeth out, he's getting that done. That's only 60 to have it done plus pain pills. It's the unecessary treatment and lying I have the problem with.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I'm not sure what it's called. It's something to help his gums, they're weak. If he just takes care of them like he should, he wouldn't be in that situation. There's nothing wrong with his teeth or anything. 

I also just edited the post to clarify that it's not about the teeth coming out. He needs that done for sure. I'll have to check the paper work to get the name of the treatment. I'll update in a bit with that info as well.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Sorry I thought the money was for the teeth getting pulled. What is the treatment that cost that much?

Quoting EvilAsh:

Quoting mommyof11050307:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN