Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I have been putting this issue off for quite a bit. I was hoping by leaving notes for my mother when I went to work were helping. Guess not!

My ds just turned 3 over the weekend. Before this, I tried to rid the sippy cup. He is a big kid. He shold learn to drink a real cup at the table. However, my mother sees otherwise. Despite me telling her not to and getting rid of most of those sippy cups, he has one when I get home from work! I took all the sippy cups a week ago because she was still using them. I left her travel cups in case they went somewhere. But those turned into every day cups!

I am a bit scared to say more to her because she does watch him for him while I go to work. I am currently waiting on Apple to help with daycare since I cannot afford it. But I am so frustrated with this. It's like she does not care what I have to say. In fact, this morning my 3 year old asked for a "sippy cup he can drink in the living room'. How do I get her to listen? It's driving me crazy!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (11-12):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Shoot  I have spill proof travel mugs for myself so why would i take away dd's travel cup?  She can drink from a regular cup fine from age 3 on but the travel cups are insulated to keep the beverage cool for a long time so we choose that to use after school.   For your mom , let her use the cups how she chooses and then explain to your child that at home he can use a straw/lidless cup for meals and snacks.

prp2014
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM

He can still use a regular cup at the table and a sippy cup or straw cup in the living room or on the go. my daughter will be 2 in April and she uses a regular cup to drink from at the table but she always has a sippy cup when she isn't at the table or else I would be cleaning up mess after mess. You might like the take and toss straw cups. Those are awesome and cheap. They are just like a regular cup a child would get if you went out to a restaurant or somewhere and isn't like other sippy cups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN