Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help with my babies diet!!!! Please help!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

Sorry ive been MIA for a while now, been busy busy!!! I have kind of a big question. My son is going to be 11 months old soon, he has 6 teeth and is very advanced as far as eating goes. he refuses purees, well, spoons in general.... he wants to eat finger foods. Now me and my husband are BIG NON GMO advocates and refuse to buy any processed and non organic foods for our son. We dont eat at the same time and we cant, so that makes meal planning difficult. I was hoping for some suggestions on what to give him that wont cost a ton, and would be easy to make, and easy for him to eat? I can steam veggies and fruits no problem. My issue is with grains and meats!

thanks in advanced!!! I hope this doesnt trigger a controversy about what i have decided to feed him, i dont judge or look down on ANYONE for what they eat. I merely have decided that this is how i wanna feed my family :)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

steam it! Whatever it is steam it! 
My daughter loved steamed carrots, steamed potatoes, steamed apples (yum!).
Other than snacks like above, she ate what we ate at that age.
We are also very much against GMO's, my mother thinks I am nuts. 

We try to eat about 90% organic, the rest are "naturals", but they are things we cannot afford organic. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I just re-read it, okay grains and meats....hmmm...

Shreaded chicken, ground turkey bits, I don't know about the beef or pork as we don't eat it. But grains, you could give grilled cheese cut up into little squares (with whole grain bread). 
What I would do is think about what you are eating, and fix something similar but in smaller portions/bites.  

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We used to just take slices of breads, bagels, whatever (as long as it wasn't like "crusty") and tear it up into bite-sized pieces and let the kids go to town.  It looked like hell, but they had their entire "meal" with ours just torn up on their high chair trays so they could feed themselves.  They loved it.  It kinda looked like we were feeding the dog...  LOL!

lorelei10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

GREAT IDEAS!!!! Thank you!!!!

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I just re-read it, okay grains and meats....hmmm...

Shreaded chicken, ground turkey bits, I don't know about the beef or pork as we don't eat it. But grains, you could give grilled cheese cut up into little squares (with whole grain bread). 
What I would do is think about what you are eating, and fix something similar but in smaller portions/bites.  

lorelei10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

thats good for grains!!! I make our breads so that should be a good place to sneak in extra nutrition :)

Quoting anotherandree:

We used to just take slices of breads, bagels, whatever (as long as it wasn't like "crusty") and tear it up into bite-sized pieces and let the kids go to town.  It looked like hell, but they had their entire "meal" with ours just torn up on their high chair trays so they could feed themselves.  They loved it.  It kinda looked like we were feeding the dog...  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)