Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Son

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son wakes up every hour of the night crying,he is 15 months old. He was diagnosed with acid reflux and he had surgery for hydro nephrotic when he was 3 months. Has anybody had a kid with the same surgery, if yes can that be why he doesn't sleep well. He also always has dark bags under his eyes. He's had different pediatrician s, but none take me serious!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Aww, poor thing.  Neither of you are getting a good night's sleep.  I can't believe a doctor would not take you seriously.  Is he on medicine for acid reflux?  If not, maybe he should be.  What do you do with him when he wakes up?

AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Well his stomach gets very hard so I rub his tummy then put him to sleep in my arms

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

How does he sleep during the day? Is he catching up on his sleep at all during naps?

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I don't know anything about the surgery you mentioned, but I have a LO who suffers (and I mean suffers) from reflux.  I do too.  I have heard (and found to be true) that the stomach contents stay in the stomach better if you lay on the belly or on the right side.  (Because of where everything is.)  If I sleep on my left side, an acidy feeling sore throat wakes me up.

Sorry about your LO! ((((hugs))))

AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I have a hard time putting him down for naps also. He's fought his sleep since he was born!!

IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Ouch. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN