Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What do you do with leftover baby food/formula?

Posted by   + Show Post
When my son was born, I took advantage of sales/coupons to stock up on baby food/formula (before judgement is passed, I was unable to BF bc I had an incompetent OB who ignored preeclampsia, which resulted in CHF. I was on a toxic combination of meds that would have killed my son had I continued to BF).

I apparently shopped too well, because I have shelves worth of food left over, and he's been eating homemade baby food and regular food for awhile. I want to donate the god to a family in need, but before I donate to my church's food bank (some of the baby food, all organic, expires in 1-2 months), I wanted to ask what you ladies have done. I would love to help a family in need, but don't know if there is an organization (national or FL-based) that I should contact?

Advice appreciated. I have probably a Monty's worth of food and more than 2 months of formula available...
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (11-13):
lnr187
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

i'd call the church. they may know of a specific family. also, you can check out a local daycare and see if they know of anyone who really needs it. legally the day care can not use it (or at least mine never did), so they will pass it on to one of the families who are struggling.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quoting lilmama8408:

Womans shelter

Food bank

Local church

They are usually always in need to help others.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMommyhood12
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I would call a local food bank - or even your church before you donate.  If you let them know that you have stuff that needs to be used ASAP, they should know of a family who could use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN