Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Was I wrong to do this? Long

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

Yesterday I was in a classroom with my client.. I was chatting with the teacher and another worker that I am civil towards. He and  I are not friends. He lost a bunch on the Super Bowl and said he probably wouldn't be getting his girlfriend anything for Valentine's Day. The teacher and I said he had to get her a little something and he just shook his head. Later in the afternoon and few girls were talking about Valentine's Day. We were talking about gifts and I said  "B you don't need to get D anything he's not getting you anything." We all laughed and continued talking. Evidently she mentioned to him that I said that to her. Today at lunch.....I am assisting my client with his lunch and he comes over, leans into me and starts yelling 'what you mean going to B about what I was talking about?" I said 'what are you talking about?" he repeated himself(yelling) and I stood up and told him to get out of my face and to not yell at me. He yelled back and the other teacher came down the hall and grabbed his arm pulled him away. All this time my client was sitting right there in the middle of it. Then he sad "you need to shut up" If I hadn't got fired I would have punched him in the face! Several people heard/saw what he did and what I did. I went and told my supervisor and she said she would talk to him and the other teacher to get her version. He acted like I had revealed a national secret!! He totally over-reacted and blew it out of proportion! I admit that I yelled back at hm when he kept yelling at me. It was not a big deal......or was it??

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM
You are a teacher? Where there kids around? I don't think you should have said anything to her, but he over reacted big time. If you both yelled, I am guessing you will both be at fault.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I am a CAP worker at a day treatment program for mentally disabled adults. There were only a few clients around and I am not sure they noticed. I yelled back at him because he was leaning over my client into my face and yelling at me repeatedly.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Oh okay.
I think it was wrong to say something to his girlfriend, but it was wrong for him to react that way.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

I am a CAP worker at a day treatment program for mentally disabled adults. There were only a few clients around and I am not sure they noticed. I yelled back at him because he was leaning over my client into my face and yelling at me repeatedly.

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I think that you both were in the wrong. I don't think that you should have shared what he said simply because it's not your place. But I think he was VERY out of line for reacting the way that he did. You probably should not have yelled back especially in front of a client but I can imagine that would be difficult not to lol.

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
You are both at fault...not your place(unless she is a close friend of yours) to tell her but he did overreact big time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

For the remainder of they day we totally ignored each other. I imagine we will continue to do so. My client leaves at 1pm and I imagine the whole building knew about the "fight" by 1:30pm or earlier.

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Well if he lost so much money that he can't get her ANYTHING, then she either would have known about the money loss and already expected to recieve nothing.  OR he was hiding the loss from her and she then asked about the lack of present and found out he has a gambling problem.  I say you could have saved them a shitty break up or even divorce in the future.

If he got so heated over something like that, who's to say he hasn't taken his anger out on his clients?  I know disabled adults can be frustrating, and people that work with them need to be patient, calm, and respectful.  It sounds like he is none of those.  It should have been a private discussion handled maturely, not a big scene.  It's not your fault, you didn't force him to share that information

stargaze281
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
You have a big mouth, (no offense ). Gotta say being nosy gets you into something you shouldn't really be in!
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM

While he did over react, you had no business telling her that. Both of you are at fault and both of you should be written up for not being professional.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

You should not have opened your mouth to the gf in the first place.  You should MYOB.  You should not have yelled in the work place--you should have gotten a supervisor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)