Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Airplane

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 20 Replies

My family, son & I will be traveling to Mexico on a plane in April!!  I'm nervous bc my son doesnt like to be still and always wants to be on the floor walking, and the plane ride will be 6 hrs long!! Idk what im going to do if he starts acting out!!  Any advice Mom's????

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Try to plan his nap time during the flight. Bring lots of toys and snacks on board. Every now and then walk with him up and down the aisle. GL & have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Bring lots of little things to do, toys, snacks, and a bottle or something to chew on while taking off and landing.

lnr187
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

benedryl :) LOL JUST KIDDING!
how old is he? bring movies, books, his favorite toys, snacks. try to make sure he's extra tired (even if it means arriving at the airport way too early so he doesn't pass out in the car) so he'll nap on the plane. pass him around to family, this will distract him a little. you can walk him up and down a little but i'd recommend doing that as a last resort bc once you do, he won't want to sit down.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep him up till plane time
Bring a tablet or laptop for movies
Toys
Bring snacks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

How old is your son? The above advice is good advice. Good luck and have fun!!

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Be prepared for evil eyes. 6 hours is long and most people do not like screaming kids in an enclosed area. I bring my noise cancelling headphones. Bring dvd's. New small toys. Fav food. Talk a lot about behaving. How old is your son? Board last with your child so you are not sitting forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kali_mom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
If you have a laptop/iPad I think that will help keep him distracted. If you are nursing encourage him to eat and maybe he will sleep a dew hours. When you board ask the flight attendant if they have any suggestions I'm sure they have seen it ALL. Hang in there and have fun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM

BUMP!

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I have a busy body one year old,& we do alot of flying...I usually bring toys,snacks,movies,& I also have her up early on that day,for example... If our flight is at 6pm I'll have her up at like 10am letting her play & burn energy, that way when it's time to get on the plane she's sleep after the first hour
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

When our kids were small and we flew, I would wrap small gifts for each of them to open one per hour.  That helped keep the boredom at bay.  I agree with previous posters - bring snacks, bring movies, bring quiet toys.  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)