Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He is scratching

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

My 3 year old son started to scratch his skin whenever he goes on the bed to sleep. There is not rash or red marks on his skin, he just scratch his tummy and leg. He scratch now and then when he is not going to sleep. I dont know wt to do, i bought cetaphill soap and give him a bath with that, i change the sheets and nothing. Plz help.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lnr187
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM

does he scratch a lot like it's soothing thing, or does it honestly look like he has an itch? when i lay down to go to bed i leterally spend a few minutes scratching my hand, then my ear, then my leg, then my nose, then my arm... you get the picture. it feels like when i scratch one spot, i get another itch somewhere else on my body. im not sure why. im also VERY particular about any wrinkles in the sheets or my clothes. it bothers me to sleep on a large roll of fabric. if he's scratching so much that he's hurting himself though (scabs and bleeding) then maybe try coating him in lotion before bed. how old is he? can you use those infant hand covers that are meant to protect babies from scratching their eyes, etc? or just gloves in general if he'll leave them on. talk to his pediatrician though about what you can give him to stop the itching.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Maybe it is just his way of winding down for the night.

Swt7
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
It might be sweat wc makes him scratch himself bse my sis dd used to do that and we noticed she was sweating each time she scratched herself.
vsaul
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM

i just got an update from neighbour that we got alot of cow itch blowing our way due to cane growing close by, it slip me that this normally happens every year once cane burning or growing here.

Quoting lnr187:

does he scratch a lot like it's soothing thing, or does it honestly look like he has an itch? when i lay down to go to bed i leterally spend a few minutes scratching my hand, then my ear, then my leg, then my nose, then my arm... you get the picture. it feels like when i scratch one spot, i get another itch somewhere else on my body. im not sure why. im also VERY particular about any wrinkles in the sheets or my clothes. it bothers me to sleep on a large roll of fabric. if he's scratching so much that he's hurting himself though (scabs and bleeding) then maybe try coating him in lotion before bed. how old is he? can you use those infant hand covers that are meant to protect babies from scratching their eyes, etc? or just gloves in general if he'll leave them on. talk to his pediatrician though about what you can give him to stop the itching.

GELiz
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Maybe he is alergic to the softener or the detergent. Maybe he needs something else to scratch like one of those books with different types of textures on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN