Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any Military Wives in here?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

I need some help dealing with Dh...so before I tell our story, let me give you some background. He was deployed to Iraq and his ex wife thought she was cute, and left him while he was there, which screwed him up in the head right? Ok fast forward to now...he got shipped overseas (not in a war zone) for a year long hardship tour...well he got there this morning, and about the time he got there, I was up making breakfast for the kids. And I go to check my computer, and my FB has like 30 messages from him flipping out because Im not sitting at my computer all the time...how would you handle this? This is only day 2, and its already started

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
That has to be really hard on both if you. Obviously you can't be at the computer 24/7, but email him as often as you can, simply letting him know you're there & thinking about him.

Try not to get upset with him or take it personal, as he's under a ton of stress. Just constantly remind him how much you love him and can't wait for his return. With time, hopefully he'll realize you are not his ex and aren't going anywhere. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Im trying. Im doing the best I can and where he's at theres a 17 hour time difference, so its really gonna mess with us. Yesterday, everytime I got a chance, I stopped and sent him a fb message. Maybe I should do that everytime Im not at my computer that way he doesnt think Im ignoring him, because apparently thats what he thought

Quoting luvemboth:

That has to be really hard on both if you. Obviously you can't be at the computer 24/7, but email him as often as you can, simply letting him know you're there & thinking about him.

Try not to get upset with him or take it personal, as he's under a ton of stress. Just constantly remind him how much you love him and can't wait for his return. With time, hopefully he'll realize you are not his ex and aren't going anywhere. Hugs.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM

You should try the Military Moms group, too:

chelseasills
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM

im a military wife as well, and its hard. its going to be hard on you both because he fearas you leaving, and your taking care of the kids and missing him. i think you should explain to him that your not going to do what she did because you love him, and have patience with him. hes scared and probably feels vulnerable. with time im sure he will realize your not going anywhere and it will calm down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN