Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Rear facing convertible carseat- advice needed!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have a 7 month old son, and in a few months (once it gets warmer here in Michigan) I want to put him into a rear facing convertible carseat. The problem is, I drive a 2008 Grand Prix and the back seats are very small. I also have a daughter who's almost 5 years old and she's in the high back booster. My son is obviously still in his infant Chicco carseat. It weighs 29 pounds with him in it!! I am having a hard time finding a carseat that would fit into a Grand Prix comfortably.

Does anyone drive a Grand Prix and have a suggestion for a rear facing carseat? When my daughter was a baby, we had the HUGE alpha omega elite one, and she was in the middle. Her carseat was huge, and would only fit in the middle.. There's no way i can put the little guy in the middle with my daughter being on the side in her booster.. HELP!  :-)

Thank you!

~*Amber*~
Mother to Ava (Born 5/8/08) and Daniel (Born 7/4/12)

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jakesmom323
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a Combi;) Great for small cars. I drive a Lexus IS250 and it fit great even in the bucket seats. They are expensive, but I found that Walmart.com had it for $220s.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a two door Toyota Solara and my Britax Marathon fits really well. It is in the passenger backseat as i don't gave a middle seat just the hump between the bucket style leather bench if that makes sense. I don't really know how big your backseat is in relation to mine but mine is not huge and having a two door makes it a little cramped but the Marathon fits awesome.
sleepymommy87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
And actually i just googled the dimensions of your backseat and mine in terms of leg and head room and they are almost identical. About 36" for both. So if you have to put it on the passenger side, a Britax Marathon would fit awesome. You can go to babies r us and they will let you take the model to your car and do a test fit. i did that and decided on it because it was the best quality and fit for the price. Good luck!
AmberJane87
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I will definitely try that one!! thank you.

~*Amber*~
Mother to Ava (Born 5/8/08) and Daniel (Born 7/4/12)

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

The Combi is good. If you have enough space width wise, you can get a myride. I would head on over to the Car seat group and find out . Iam sure there are moms over there that have the same car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)