Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

This is my first time pregnant, I need advice, someone to talk who can help me!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 48 Replies

Hi, I'm new to this website and new to pregnancy. Right not I am 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I went to the ER due to cramps and bleeding. They did a sonogram and found a heartbeat, but another nurse said I had a miscarriage. But the thing is i'm still having symptoms, belly has grown a little, we found a heartbeat, and i still feel pregnant. I went for a second option and they said I was still pregnant. I've been having more symptoms and feelings such as pressure/uncomfortable feeling in lower abdomen, and feeling bubbles that seem like gas but never release as gas. (sorry for details). But could someone please help me out with whats going on, I really need opinions and advice.

PS: I'm a YOUNG mom, (16) but my baby is a blessing/gift. The baby's father died 3 days before I found out I was pregnant. So can someone PLEASE help me!! I'm kinda worried.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetMama823
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Rest as much as you can. Take care of yourself, eat plenty and healthy.

What do you want to know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Patrice13
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Thank you!. && What all goes on with pregnancy? Like when will my body change more?, i already have a small bump, breast have already grown. (when will the veins go away?)

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like the nurse was an idiot if a heartbeat is still there and you have not um "expelled" the baby.
Okay so this is what you are feeling : as babe grows and take up more space in your uterus , all your organs shift back and up to provide room. It make be gas that is that is now trapped because your intestinal track is pushing against you spine making you gassy and ( I'm sorry, soon to be constipated frequently)
As long as you get a heart beat you are pregnant. The cramps you feel are normal , in fact, unless you find yourself bleeding profusely... Every twinge , cramp, and pain is normal . It's time for and ultra sound isn't it?

I hope you have a strong support system through this and when babe is born , you are going to need it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Every pregnancy is different. Do you have an OB/GYN yet? This is extremely important to have. Are you taking your vitamins everyday?

Make sure you rest. If there is a heartbeat then you are still pregnant.

I was 15 when I first found out I was pregnant with my first. It can be scary but ask away and I will answer everything I can
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Welcome!

It sounds like you're still pregnant to me, but could you have miscarried a twin?  Something to ask the doctor about at your next appointment.

Try not to worry or stress out about every little feeling. 

I'm sorry about the loss of your little one's father.

Quoting Patrice13:

Hi, I'm new to this website and new to pregnancy. Right not I am 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I went to the ER due to cramps and bleeding. They did a sonogram and found a heartbeat, but another nurse said I had a miscarriage. But the thing is i'm still having symptoms, belly has grown a little, we found a heartbeat, and i still feel pregnant. I went for a second option and they said I was still pregnant. I've been having more symptoms and feelings such as pressure/uncomfortable feeling in lower abdomen, and feeling bubbles that seem like gas but never release as gas. (sorry for details). But could someone please help me out with whats going on, I really need opinions and advice.

PS: I'm a YOUNG mom, (16) but my baby is a blessing/gift. The baby's father died 3 days before I found out I was pregnant. So can someone PLEASE help me!! I'm kinda worried.

HotMomma2622
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry your going through all this. Hugs. Your body is going to change more than it has but its for a good reason. Everybody's body is different so we experience different things than others might. My advice is to have a strong support system its better to share this journey with the people that care about you. Your loved one may not be here because of his unfortunate passing but he is watching over you. Read the book what to expect when expecting. It has good book. Hugs. Your not alone.
hollydaze1974
Drink water like you are dying of thirst everyday, it prevents stretch marks and is good to hydrate the babe and yourself. ( those veins are there until after birth. Remember, being pregnant is the one time in your life you don't have to be vain...... Messes with your body however it wants.
Momof2almost
Oh no sorry about your baby's Father, that is horrrible! Alot of women will bleed during pregnany and have cramping too. As long as your not passing any "clots" then you should be fine. I bled with both of my boys and they were always fine. If they told you that there is a heartbeat than baby is fine. congrats on pregnancy!
zanderNerynMOM
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Find an OBGYN... this is so important and go to your regular checkups. Your body is preparing for all the changes to come. This is most likely what is causing your discomfort. As long as you are not bleeding and you still have a heartbeat you are good. 

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

No one can tell you what is going on but we can tell you to take your vitamins, don't get dehydrated and get plenty of rest.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN