Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever thought about installing a nanny cam? Would this change your mind?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hidden Camera Catches Nanny Abusing Baby (VIDEO)

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on February 6, 2013 

nanny cam I guess this is why nanny cams were invented. A Staten Island mom suspected something was up with her babysitter and had a hidden camera installed in her carbon monoxide detector. She said she was going to the store one afternoon in late January, but really, she went to a nearby location to watch the nanny cam feed. Shortly after she left, the nanny gave the 5-month-old baby a bottle, then began hitting it across the face and shaking the infant when it refused to be fed.

The mother then rushed home and called the police.

Their nanny, a 52-year-old Uzbekistan-native, put up a fight the next day when the cops showed up, but was ultimately arrested. She's been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and resisting arrest -- she's currently being held in jail.

Even though this story is horrifying, it serves as a good reminder to follow your instincts. This mom knew something was up and wasn't shy about installing a hidden camera and getting the sad evidence she needed so that the nanny could pay for her crimes.

Granted, I don't know why the mom didn't just fire the woman the second she thought there was anything wrong, but I imagine she had a good reason to take the nanny-cam route.

Regardless, there's a happy ending. The kids are now safe and the nanny is behind bars ... all thanks to a mother's intuition.

The video evidence of the abuse is hard to watch, so be warned.

Would you ever install a nanny cam?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (11-16):
emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

hope that bitch is getting what she deserves--in jail.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

We used a nanny cam when my daughter was younger and we had babysitters. Now dd says that 2 families she babysits for have them. The families actually told her that they had a cam but not where they were located.

rrs256
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't need too because I wouldn't leave my DS with a stranger, neighbor, or anybody who isn't family.

MoeksieNature
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I honestly dont know how that Mom kept it together after seeing that being done to her child! I'd smack her as soon as I walk into the house. Then lock her into a room (for her own safety and my sanity) whilst I wait for the cops to come... I'd be LIVID! This just brings out Momma Bear in me!!

-PB
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I can't understand why people baby sit children and abuse them.  If you can't handle watching children why do it?  Find another job.  Go work at walmart or mcdonalds.  I just don't get it.

sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM

oh, i can't watch that video, steph, knowing the description. i would just hire someone i know and trust and not use the camera because i wouldnt want to be filmed if it were me. but when i looked at daycares i felt that i wished the whole day was filmed just so i could watch it later and not miss out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured