Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please PLEASE advise how to get my child to

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

PLEASE advise how to get my 5 year old child to sing at events or games  I tried google and see nothing.  She LOVES to sing.  She just sang in front of a small group for the first time and wants to do more but I don't know how to set it up.  Do you have to know someone?  Just little singing things would make her happy.

Here is a link if you want to see her sing in front a group for the first time

http://youtu.be/_tq64MU2NQA

Please no rude comments

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I would get her some voice lessons first, just to fine tune everything, and the teacher might be able to help you find some places to start with! 
Good luck!  

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

yes. a Good voice teacher will make all the diiference...she's got a good feel for singing, she needs to learn how to control her breath and hold in her diaphragm to hold a note.  A good teacher/music school can also recommend where to go to have her sing for people....a retirement home is a good start.  Does your dd have a skit/song already set to go?  If not, she should try to get something together.  Good luck

Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Church.

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would start with speech therapy and voice lessons.  Put her in the school choir and church choir.  They should open opportunities for her to have occasions to sing.  You can also ask your local retirement home.  Keep encouraging her to sing and keep it fun!  

Nice job, little lady!  That's a hard song to sing!

DaniandTom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

For 5 years old, she has remarkable pitch! Definitely put her in voice lessons and speach. If you belong to a church, get her in choir (free lessons!!! LOL) As long as she is passionate about it, let her work up to larger groups. As long as she wants to, I would encourage her to keep it up. 
AWESOME JOB!!! 

frstldyhmsch
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

i agree

Quoting DaniandTom:

For 5 years old, she has remarkable pitch! Definitely put her in voice lessons and speach. If you belong to a church, get her in choir (free lessons!!! LOL) As long as she is passionate about it, let her work up to larger groups. As long as she wants to, I would encourage her to keep it up. 
AWESOME JOB!!! 

Through the eyes of a "Teacher Momma " typing

http://www.branyact.blogspot.com/  Let's talk homeschool  

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Church choir?

kali_mom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Great job little one!! Please make sure to let your daughter she has received all of this positive feedback. I would def look into speech therapy, my 1st daughter needed it too. Of course voice lessons will always help but she's off to a great start. If she wants to keep going be there for her 100% !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

That was awesome, brought tears to my eyes!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I agree, voice lessons and have her voice mature more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN