Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need some advice about my son sleeping at night.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

So we got our son to sleep threw the night and he was doing really good. Well for about a month or so he has been waking up around 3:30am. He does not want to be up because he is yelling at me to go back to sleep. We have tried laying him back in his crib and trying to get him back to sleep but he would not have it. So we started bring him in bed with us and he would sleep till about 7 or 8 and would wake up one very happy boy. Well we then decided we would try and let him cry it out like we did trying to get him to sleep threw the night. Its not working and i don't know what else to do! I cant fall asleep till 11 or 12 and then he is up at 3:30 crying. I wait till he finally goes back to sleep and i go in and check on him. then i try and get back to sleep. By the time i fall back to sleep he is getting up yet again. By this time its 5am and he is still not ready to be up so i bring him back into my bed and he sleep till 7 or 8. I need some advice on what to do,. I have run out of ideas. Thanks ladies!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Why not continue to bring him to your bed when he wakes the first time?   I mean, if it's not broken...

lkadash
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My husband really doesnt want him in bed with us anymore. Of course i love getting to cuddle with my little man put he moves around way to much and is always kicking me and that means no sleep for me :(

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting lkadash:

My husband really doesnt want him in bed with us anymore. Of course i love getting to cuddle with my little man put he moves around way to much and is always kicking me and that means no sleep for me :(

If hubby doesnt want him in bed, then hubby gets to deal with the nightwaking.  

Really, he's a baby... he can't be expected to sleep 12 hours straight.... heck, I'm happy with 3 hours!   You really just need to do whatever possible to meet his needs, while getting enough rest for yourself.    If co-sleeping gets you more rest, then do it.... if getting him back to sleep and putting him in his own bed gets you more rest, then do that.   Nothing will be "perfect"... you won't see "good" sleep again for at least 18 more years.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
lkadash
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM

hubby wont be home for the next 6 months so i have no choice but to deal with it lol thank you for you adivce! i will most likely just bring him in bed lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)