Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Pageants or No Pageants?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies well me and mom keep arguing about this pageant stuff I keep telling her no but she says she is going to do it anyway but she can't w/o my permission I believe that show Toddlers and Taras has gone to her head..I need advice on how to tell my mom to just STOP

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Replies (21-25):
Shaketa123
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I have a 2 1/2 wk old and I just recently adopted one of my friends child and she wants to do pageants but I dont want her to turn out as a brat like some of them do

Quoting Jenn820:

How old is your daughter? Does your daughter want to do a pagent? If you're daughter is into it, it might not hurt to let her do one (assuming grandma doesn't go crazy).
However, you are the parent. If you are truly against it, and you think it will be emotionally bad for your daughter, then tell your mom that. Inform her that this is your daughter, you do not want errrr in pagents for this and that reason. You will not be changing your mind and she does not have your permission to enter your daughter herself.

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM
We thought about it, but my girls have been in cheer & gymnastics since they were 3 they both are now 11&7 , they love cheer & so do it's way better anyways, just tell mom NO
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It's time to put on your big girl panties and tell your mom that she is your daughter. It's not only about the pageant. If your mom does not respect your opinion on this pageant issue she probably doesn't respect your opinion in other areas that have to do with your little one's up bringing. Today it's about this tomorrow it can be something more serious that she feels the need to get involved in. It's better to draw the line now with something simple like weither or not your daughter should be involved with pagents.

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM

How does your daughter feel about it?  If a child wants to do it, you could probably do that.  Grandma is really proud of her.  She may like the idea of it but it takes money to buy or make clothes.  If you are handy with a needle you can do it less expensively.  The entry fees are not necessarily cheap.  The little girls often look too grown up and are definitely taught to walk sexy and act that way.  I prefer kids to be kids.  But if my daughter wanted to, I might.  I did take my daughter to a modeling class and my son as well.  They were adorable and they made a few dollars and got a discount on some clothes, but didn't pay for the classes.  Has your daughter expressed any interest at all?  You need tutoring in walking and singing and dancing, etc.  Does your daughter like those things?  I think it should be if your daughter wants to and will do it.  And then, can you or your mother afford the entry fees and the clothes?  Probably not if you are like many of us.  That is a big thing for some women though.  It is big in the south.  I am assuming it is not you whom she wants in a pageant.  That is up to you. 

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

You are a pretty girl and I can see why Mom wants to have you enter.  You need to be able to sing and dance and have talents like tumbling or something.  If you really don't want to, then it isn't worth it.  There are scholarships available out there.  mom would have to pay for it.  I first thought she meant a younger daughter since you say the Toddlers and Tiaras affects her.  Some of those little ones are not pretty at all and way too overdressed for children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN