Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Recipes for vegetarian meals

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
We are almost finished with our transition to ovo - dairy free vegetarianism. But I need some recipes!! Please share! We will also be eating fish and sea food.

ETA - we will be following a pescetarian diet, so yes, fish/ seafood will be eaten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
it's not vegetarian if you eat meat hahaha
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM
There are different kinds of vegetarians.
Look up pescetarian.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Bump
x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
then you would be pescetarian not vegetarian lol

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Look up pescetarian.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Pescetarian is a thing of it's own I guess. I just need some vegetarian recipes, that's all I needed :) thanks.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Look up pescetarian.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

x_Starr_x
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM
it's too much hoopla for me yet I agree on fish but I've re thought about other meats plus there's other variables. anywho check out the film food inc cause even veggies have been doomed and for recipes check out pintrest.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Pescetarian is a thing of it's own I guess. I just need some vegetarian recipes, that's all I needed :) thanks.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Look up pescetarian.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Oh I have seen it. We buy gmo free organic, or we grow it. We only plan on doing fish once a month, hubby still lives fish, and kiddo and I love shrimp. We shop, mainly, at whole foods or trader joes. It makes me crazy that you can't go into a store and buy "real " food any longer. It's all processed to hell and back. Thanks for the pinterest suggestion, I will look there.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

it's too much hoopla for me yet I agree on fish but I've re thought about other meats plus there's other variables. anywho check out the film food inc cause even veggies have been doomed and for recipes check out pintrest.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Look up pescetarian.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

punchfork is even better than pinterest for recipes. its basically pinterest but for ONLY recipes. oh god. its addicting. also i would recommend ohsheglows.com. its a vegan site and everything is amazing. really great flavors, easy recipes. 

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/ 

that is one of my faves. you can also mix it up by substituting cilantro for the basil and lime for the lemon and its a whole new dish. 

there are tons of really great vegan chili recipes for when you're craving that meaty familiar meal. 

congrats on your transition! ill talk to my DH and see if we can remember some more of our absolute faves. we've been in the transitional process to veganism for a while now. the transition alone has drastically improved dh's eating habits. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting areid1023:

punchfork is even better than pinterest for recipes. its basically pinterest but for ONLY recipes. oh god. its addicting. also i would recommend ohsheglows.com. its a vegan site and everything is amazing. really great flavors, easy recipes. 

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/ 

that is one of my faves. you can also mix it up by substituting cilantro for the basil and lime for the lemon and its a whole new dish. 

there are tons of really great vegan chili recipes for when you're craving that meaty familiar meal. 

congrats on your transition! ill talk to my DH and see if we can remember some more of our absolute faves. we've been in the transitional process to veganism for a while now. the transition alone has drastically improved dh's eating habits. 

areid1023
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

OMG. i just went to punchfork and it got bought out by pinterest. lol. its getting shut down. :(. pinterest will probably do something cool with it though...hopefully?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN