Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Uses for hospital water pitcher

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

Thought id share a couple tips for new moms leaving the hospital. I love using the water pitcher that I took home from the hospital to give my baby a bath ..it also works good for rinsing down the shower walls when I'm cleaning..so I recommend any new moms to definitely grab it before leaving the hospital. I've also heard that the basin they give u also works good as a tub for newborns if u don't already have an infant tub. 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember getting such a thing. Tfs!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:23 AM
When dd was born they didn't give me anything! They would only bring us 1 diaper at a time even just so there wouldn't be any leftover.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM

The water pitchers were good just for having near by when nursing full of water LOL  We never had a basin since the nurses bathed her right in the sink.  They were specially designed to function as newborn bath tubs with one side sloped gently.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

What a good idea!  Thank you!

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM

This is clever! good

Quoting frndlyfn:

The water pitchers were good just for having near by when nursing full of water LOL  We never had a basin since the nurses bathed her right in the sink.  They were specially designed to function as newborn bath tubs with one side sloped gently.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:06 AM

We were sent home with a little packet of newborn stuff=  donated by the companies I expect,  small bottles of lotion and baby wash, shampoo, a few diapers,... like that.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

When dd was born they didn't give me anything! They would only bring us 1 diaper at a time even just so there wouldn't be any leftover.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I use them to have for drinking water. I drinks a lot of water while breastfeeding to stay hyrdrated.  Our hospital sends us home with diapers,wipes, blankets, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

noahsmommie704
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Our hospital encourages us to take anything left over in the room because they say it just gets thrown away including packages of diapers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I only had my second at a hospital and they gave you the diaper and wet wipes. If were not to take anything else and if it was missing you were charged for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN