Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blue toe nail?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 18 Replies

My 5 year old's big toe nail is blue at the base of it.  It seems to be getting bigger instead of going away.  He is with me pretty much all of the time and tells me if he hurts himself.  He hasn't dropped anything on his toe or kicked anything that I know of.  He doesn't remember hurting it and he has a great memory especially for injuries.

Any clue what this could be?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:38 AM

maybe he bonked it in his sleep??

kali_mom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Possible he was playing, stubbed it and it didn't cause much pain. If you are concerned I would seek out advice from the nurse on call. Hope all goes well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Does your insurance have a nurse hotline?  Mine does and it's an invaluable source of answers for medical questions!  I would imagine he stubbed it and didn't remember. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

They do but I'm not overly concerned about it more curious.  He has a doctor's appointment next month and if it's not gone by then or gets bigger I will ask.

Quoting whoodathunk:

Does your insurance have a nurse hotline?  Mine does and it's an invaluable source of answers for medical questions!  I would imagine he stubbed it and didn't remember. 

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Kitschy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Could it be a fungus? 

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:30 PM

i WOULD think that he stubbed his toe, especially if he wears sandals or hurt his toe and it is turning black.  The toenail may fall off if enough of the nail is damaged.  I wouldn't worry about it but would keep watch on it.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Define blue. Pale skin blue or bruised blue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

bruised blue.  It started out really small and is getting bigger

it's not even that big but it is bigger than it started out

Quoting crwspringer:

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Looks like he dropped something on his toe and he just doesn't remember. The "bruise" most likely go away in a few weeks. But for sure I would keep an eye on it and show it to the doc.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

bruised blue.  It started out really small and is getting bigger

it's not even that big but it is bigger than it started out

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

No idea, bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured