Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Does using tampons mess up a young girl's virginity?

My niece Leila is 14 years old and ever since her mom (my brother's wife) passed away, I've been there for her and I have loved her like my own child. She got her first period when she was 13 and she recently asked me if she could use tampons instead of pads because she wants to join the school swimteam next year. 

I've heard rumours that if you use tampons, you aren't a virgin anymore. My mom told me that when I was Leila's age and I obeyed her. I didn't use tampons until college, a couple months after I lost my virginity.

Of course, times have changed since then, but I still have my doubts.

What do you guys think? Does using tampons mess up a young girl's virginity?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Virginity is lost during sex. The hymen can be partially or fully torn from anything from excercise to sex.

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this
She is a virgin until she has sex. If you are asking if it can break her hymen, that is unlikely. And a broken hymen does not mean a girl is no longer a virgin. If it did then I would have lost my virginity when I was 6 to a fence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

A tampon or activities like riding a bike or sports might break the hymen but you do not lose your virginity until you have sex.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM
That is not true! But you might wanna do your research on certain tampons, I personally can't use any of them, they hurt like hell & they're soo uncomfortable
Christine0813
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Lol.

Quoting thatgirl70:

FFS...

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Seriously?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScarletRose4488
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Ummm NO. 

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
It is untrue. The virginity of a young woman or young man is taken only by sexual intercourse.

Yes, a tampon can break a girl's hymen, but science has proven that the loss of a hymen has nothing to do with loss of virginity. Atheletics , tampons, born without one may have no or broken hymen, but SHE IS STILL A VIRGIN!

In the Middle East, women know this, men do not, that's why a mother in the Middle East will give thier bethrothed daughter's a vial of animal blood to put on the marriage bed if she doesn't bleed as the males are not prone the new scientific proof and will beat thier new wives based on religious and archaic beliefs that a broken hymen before the marriage automatically means they were not a virgin before marriage.

It. Just. Isn't True.
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a virgin if you haven't had sex.  Has nothing to do with tampons.  Let the kid join the swim team!

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Her Hymen could break from using tampons. Even if it does, she is still a virgin until she has sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)