Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I don't know... Need help.. Is this normal

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

Is it normal for my 14 month old boy to not sleep through the night still??

well my son is 14 months old still dosent sleep through the night most nights.. Wakes up really hard to soothe. I'm wondering do children his age usually sleep through the night now. What am I doing wrong or what should I be changing?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Does he wake up screaming? Maybe night terrors?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Yes totally normal.  At least it was for my dd.  How much is he sleeping at a stretch during the night?  How many naps a day does he have?

AMR320
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM
My 18 month old still gets up too. She has always been a terrible sleeper. My oldest was a great sleeper. Different kids have different personalities and needs. I don't think there is anything wrong with it unless he is waking up screaming uncontrollably . If he is it could be night terrors like a PP mentioned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmom2009
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM

He has 2 naps during the day but he sleeps from 830-2am the awake for a about 2 hrs than back to sleep at 4 to 8   

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:28 AM

my goodness we need to figure out how to close that gap in the middle by at least an hour.  DD was waking up every 3 hrs at that age still but would fall back to sleep within 30 minutes.

connorsmom2009
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Yep I agree. He's such a light sleeper everything wakes him up

connorsmom2009
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

BUMP!

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Ds didn't but he slept thru the night from 6 weeks. He gets up if he's sick.

But really, there is no normal.

Try having a fan on in the room for the white noise. It's a close mimic to amniotic sounds and it might make him more relaxed and likely to sleep longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:46 AM
My son who is 14 months is currently awake at 345am and has been since 2am! This is not typical of him to stay up this long but we do go through periods when he will wake up in the night long enough to nurse then falls back to sleep. Tonight is really different not sure what the issue is. I hope he gets tired soon, I need my sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM

We use fans for white noise as well as a soothing cd playing.  If he has no allergies, you can even try a sleepy time tea or aromatherapy sprays on linens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)