Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help. please someone

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM
  • 19 Replies

Where to start? I was pregnant a few months ago..I was 8 weeks and a few days. I had told my boyfriend if a year and a half that I was pregnant.. He had a melt down. He had a gun up to his head and he had cut his wrists. So for him I got an abortion. It killed me. Yes, I know it's wrong and what not but I had to do it. I made him sit there with me while i was getting it done. it was very tramatic on both parts. His sister had told me he told her he regreted me getting the abortion.  Recently I found out I was pregnant again..I haven't had my period since December 10. I don't know what to do or what to think. I still haven't told my boyfriend yet because I'm scared for him and me. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM
He needs counseling badly. Being a father does not make one generally suicidal.

If you want to go through with this pregnancy, get him help for both of your sakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marla1984
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM
i think he should seek a counselor...
sunshine3734
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:53 AM

..I know he needs to see a counselor.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I agree with the others.  Do not let his crazy antics interfere with your health or a baby you possibly want.  He needs to seek help for having such an extreme reaction to this news.

LeetjieJ
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:00 AM
He needs to see a counsellor. You need to figure out if you want this baby, possibly without him. I suggest you speak to someone as well.
What is your bf nervous of? Is your relationship stable, are your finances ok? Are there other children to be taken into consideration?
I wish you luck & love with the decisions you need to make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DieselsMom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You are 19, you've been preg twice, you can't support yourself, you aren't married, and news of a baby makes your boyfriend suicidal.....sweetie, buck up!!! You need to get away from this guy, get an education, and decide what is best with this pregnancy, wether that be abortion, adoption, or your being a single mother! Also, make sure the boyfriend has some life insurance!!

sunshine3734
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I'm 20 almost 21. How do you figure I can't support myself? I have an education I don't know where that came from? Haha he has life insurance don't worry. He tends to over think things way to much.

sunshine3734
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I do want it. I just don't know if I'm capable of doing it finacally. I just got a job it pays minium wage. He makes 10-15 dollars an hour. We've been together for almost 2 years were a great match and never really have problems. I honestly think he's scared of having responsibility and of growing up. No there's no other children. I'm 20 and he's 19.

Crue101
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I would tell him. Since you found out from his sister he even said that he wished you didn't get an abortion. He is more understanding now and when he has sex with you he knows that you coudd get pregnant. Im sorry you had to go through that rough time :/ but congrats on being pregnant again hope you keep it <3

jhslove
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM
2 moms liked this

My advice may not be popular, but.......I think you need to decide whether you're prepared to be a mother, independent of your relationship with him. He doesn't sound stable, and frankly, trying to support a baby on one minimum-wage job and one that earns 10-15 an hour will be very, very tough. If you do decide to keep the baby, it needs to be because you feel this is what's best for the baby, you're prepared to be a good parent, and if necessary you'll do it without the boyfriend. Don't decide to have this baby assuming that he'll always be there and able to be an equal provider and a good partner/father; based on your OP, this doesn't sound like it's the case.

If all of these things are not true, then I think you should a) consider adoption or another abortion (and get on a more reliable form of birth control!) and b) re-think your relationship.

I see the boyfriend and the baby as being two separate issues, but both need some serious thought and attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN