Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Eye twitch

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
My left eye has been twitching for a week. Ive read online it can be caused by stress, eye strain, being over tired, and other things. Has this happened to you? What was the cause? How long did it take for it to go away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chazzamatazz
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Eye strain and low potassium levels were pretty much the culprits for me. I spend a lot of time staring at screens so a break from that and some bananas usually helps me out.

Good luck. :)

2curly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM

My husband gets those eye twitches. For him I think it is a combination of stress and eye strain from staring at a computer screen all day.  I just asked him how long it lasts and he told me weeks, but then again he is a man and tends to exaggerate.  I read somewhere about applying warm compresses.   I did not know about the bananas, I will have him try that too.  Good luck

tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I have the same issue. It started right around Christmas and hasn't went away. No clue what is causing it or why? I have been considering going to the eye Dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

that happened to me last year.  i remember it lasting for a couple months, it wasnt constant tho..but it was annoying!

We12
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Yes it happened to me for a couple weeks. It was due to stress.
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I have eye twitches often,and usually lasts for several days at a time but mine is due to eye strain (bad vision due to eye condition)

catrig
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I just had to take steroids for this issue. In my case I believe it was stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)