Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Exercising...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

I swear exercising has been a chore. I can't even keep up with it! I've been trying to walk on the tredmill 15-20 mins a day, but that doesn't always get to happen. :s Baby will be starting his 6 weeks on monday and he keeps me busy most of the time. I also am doing school online and work twice a week, so sometimes it's hard to keep up on it! I need motivation but there's nobody around to help me out. T^T I need to lose 20 lbs if I wanna get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and it'd make me feel a lot better if I could! But I just....can't... *sigh* What can I do?? I'm like... the worst self-motivator in the world...

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Start keeping a journal to keep track of what you eat (calorie intake) and any workouts that you do. I just started doing this and I have found that it has made me more accountable. Find your motivation and if you have to, write down and stick somewhere where you will constantly see it, as a reminder to yourself.

Marimaru
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Get a sling and walk with your baby on you.  I started Wii fit when my oldest was less than a year, and she'd be flipping out, so I'd do the step stuff while holding her.  It makes it more of a work out, lol.

hEiDiMaRiE25
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

well congrats on the new baby :D i agree with Mari. I also used to put my DS in his stroller and walk around the block. I know the baby is only 6 weeks, but i used to do Silly dances infront of him to silly music, and it served us both. He got a kick out of mommy being a weirdo, and i got a work-out :) Its hard being a mommy to a newborn and getting ANYTHING done. good luck

Quoting Marimaru:

Get a sling and walk with your baby on you.  I started Wii fit when my oldest was less than a year, and she'd be flipping out, so I'd do the step stuff while holding her.  It makes it more of a work out, lol.

Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Well he doesn't like anything right now other than the front carrier. And sometimes he doesn't even like that! :/ he's picky and temperamental lol just always wants to be held and fights sleep like a boss. I actually was able to manage a lil workout this evening as my mom watched him while I did it.

Quoting hEiDiMaRiE25:

well congrats on the new baby :D i agree with Mari. I also used to put my DS in his stroller and walk around the block. I know the baby is only 6 weeks, but i used to do Silly dances infront of him to silly music, and it served us both. He got a kick out of mommy being a weirdo, and i got a work-out :) Its hard being a mommy to a newborn and getting ANYTHING done. good luck

Quoting Marimaru:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I just think of how I will feel when I am done with my workout.  Accomplished, and happy.  When I skip workouts, I feel not so good.  

supermomz25
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

try using the my fitness pal app. it has been a wonderful help to me. I can keep track of my food and my exercising.

Camsmom101007
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I have found that emergency vitamin c packets give me a lot of energy .....good energy without crap in it and therefore no crash....know you weren't asking about energy but maybe this helps a little.

hEiDiMaRiE25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM

i fell ya, my son had acid reflex, and it was a fight just to get an hr asleep a night. it will get better. my son is now 5 and he still wakes up with his flares. but hey at least u got some time in. is this ur first?

Quoting Kazmira222:

Well he doesn't like anything right now other than the front carrier. And sometimes he doesn't even like that! :/ he's picky and temperamental lol just always wants to be held and fights sleep like a boss. I actually was able to manage a lil workout this evening as my mom watched him while I did it.

Quoting hEiDiMaRiE25:

Quoting Marimaru:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Treadmill sounds boring. :)

Try some short videos. Jillian michaels always has great stuff and it's cheap.

I can do it around kids, college, ft work- you can do it.

Agree with pp on the food diary too. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM

what about finding a partner to walk with? and set up dates to walk, that way you HAVE to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)