Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I swear exercising has been a chore. I can't even keep up with it! I've been trying to walk on the tredmill 15-20 mins a day, but that doesn't always get to happen. :s Baby will be starting his 6 weeks on monday and he keeps me busy most of the time. I also am doing school online and work twice a week, so sometimes it's hard to keep up on it! I need motivation but there's nobody around to help me out. T^T I need to lose 20 lbs if I wanna get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and it'd make me feel a lot better if I could! But I just....can't... *sigh* What can I do?? I'm like... the worst self-motivator in the world...

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (11-18):
Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Well all my friends live 25 mins away :/ and noones ever willing to come all the way out here. Plus most of my friends don't have cars >.< Or I would have ask someone.

Quoting alexis_06:

what about finding a partner to walk with? and set up dates to walk, that way you HAVE to go. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Yea this is my first lol <:)

Quoting hEiDiMaRiE25:

i fell ya, my son had acid reflex, and it was a fight just to get an hr asleep a night. it will get better. my son is now 5 and he still wakes up with his flares. but hey at least u got some time in. is this ur first?

Quoting Kazmira222:

Well he doesn't like anything right now other than the front carrier. And sometimes he doesn't even like that! :/ he's picky and temperamental lol just always wants to be held and fights sleep like a boss. I actually was able to manage a lil workout this evening as my mom watched him while I did it.

Quoting hEiDiMaRiE25:

well congrats on the new baby :D i agree with Mari. I also used to put my DS in his stroller and walk around the block. I know the baby is only 6 weeks, but i used to do Silly dances infront of him to silly music, and it served us both. He got a kick out of mommy being a weirdo, and i got a work-out :) Its hard being a mommy to a newborn and getting ANYTHING done. good luck

Quoting Marimaru:

Get a sling and walk with your baby on you.  I started Wii fit when my oldest was less than a year, and she'd be flipping out, so I'd do the step stuff while holding her.  It makes it more of a work out, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedMom2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

1. Get on to myfitnesspal.com and start keeping a food and exercise diary

2. Get on to Health Weight Loss group on cafe mom and find a "fitness buddy" - they have a post there where you can team up with an online buddy who can keep you motivated

3. Exercising does not mean only treadmill or gymming - dancing is great exercise, try yoga, or low impact workouts that will keep your metabolism high but are not too tough on your body (youre only 6 weeks from childbirth which is very tough on the body and it needs time to recover) . Heres a link for a low impact workout - which you can do as mnay times a day as you want/can: http://www.ivillage.com/total-body-workout-beginners-start-here/4-b-498608?nlcid=td|11-07-2012|#498606

Hope that helps!

LDavis33
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I'm in the same boat.  I desperately need to start exercising but I can't always get motivated.  I just joined the healthy weight loss group on COM and I've already found some motivation and inspiration there. 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

6 weeks is a little early to be back to pre-pregnancy weight- so don't get too worried. Can you hold the baby while you are using the treadmill? How about studying or doing homework? I love to walk on a treadmill to good walking music, but it sounds as though your problem is more having time. Perhaps as soon as you lay the baby down for a nap you can make a habit of stepping onto the treadmill for 20 min.

Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I have done it that way but lately I've been finding myself needing to do other things first and lately he hasn't been staying asleep long enough.. I have carrier him a couple times doing it but it really puts a strain on my back.

Quoting Bmat:

6 weeks is a little early to be back to pre-pregnancy weight- so don't get too worried. Can you hold the baby while you are using the treadmill? How about studying or doing homework? I love to walk on a treadmill to good walking music, but it sounds as though your problem is more having time. Perhaps as soon as you lay the baby down for a nap you can make a habit of stepping onto the treadmill for 20 min.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

There is a really awesome app (if you have a smart phone) that makes it really easy to lose weight and you can add friends and earn badges to motivate you. It's called LOSE IT! and it's free. I started about a month ago and have lost 10.4 pounds. It even has a bar code scanner like weight watchers now does (but lose it has had it for a while, i've asked around.) I think anyone could be successful using the app as long as you use it religiously. It tracks your entire calorie intake and out-put. It has things like "house cleaning" and tells you how many calories you have burned doing that activity for however ammount of time you did it for. I really love it.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Just watch TV while walking on the treadmill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN