Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

weight loss

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

What are some changes I can make to loose it? I know to eat healthier and exercise but I also fight depression and just dont have the oomph to go walking around the neighborhood. I have to have a reason like walking somewhere or walking a dog. I also suck in the kitchen. I really don't know how to cook. I would love some healthy recipes from you ladies.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Walk around neighborhood with the child(ren) and make it a game of nature.   Lets see if we can find a stick, a rock, etc.   Shoot i do that with myself when i walk.  I count how many dogs i see or people that are running. We have done healthier eating by swapping things out like instead of white pasta or rice we do whole grain or brown.  We barely eat pork anymore and have found many different chicken type products that are tastier.  Drink more water.   The hardest part for each person striving to change is the insane amount of excuses we come up with not to do what is necessary for the change.  If you have a local pool, even swimming can help yet take any pressure off joints.

MMerrill
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

The great thing about exercise is the more you do it, the better you will feel.  It's a natural remedy for depression and things like that.  Even if you don't feel like working out or going for a walk/run, just do it and if you keep up with it I promise you will start to feel better!  Eat lots of protein and lean meats.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

strangeyfine
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Idk what your financial situation is, but when I wanted to lose weight I went to Slimgenics-a program that helps you with meal planning, recipes, and counselors who have all done the program to help you. I never had any success on my own, but when I went to them I lost 80 lbs! I actually want to start back up as soon as I stop breast feeding :).

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Don't eat anything with artifical sugars or HFCS.
I cut those out and lost about 10lbs.  

Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Salad.. you cant mess that up... and stop buying pastas, rice, breads,grains and potatoes. If you cut those out you will see a dramatic weightloss pretty quickly. I lost 45 pounds that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN