Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Toddler Sleep Issues :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter is 26 months old.
She has always been a good sleeper and great with naps. That is until recently. This is my third child, so I am no stranger to that odd toddler sleep stage. Where they try to give up naps, crash early and then get woken or wake up late in the evening and are up super late.
Am having the hardest time getting her to nap during the day. She doesn't even seem to have a lull where you can get her down. She goes full steam ahead until around 6 and then I have to fight to keep her awake until a decent hour for her to go to bed. But even if I can keep her awake that long it sometimes back fires on me.
Last night (for example), I kept her up until 8:30. Figured it was the perfect time..she would sleep all night. Wrong! She got woken up by the older two making noise going to bed at 9:15 and was awake until 2:45 this morning! Then she slept until 9:45 this morning. So I figured ok we will shoot for a nap today and then a decent bedtime. I couldn't get her to sleep this afternoon and then she crashed at 6. (Despite my best efforts to keep her awake.) Now she is up and raring to go and I'm exhausted!

I am half tempted to start waking her up early in the mornings (around 7) having her nap right after lunch and the going to bed around 8.

Please help me figure out what to do about this toddlers crazy sleep schedule!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
We12
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
That sounds like a great idea! That's pretty much how my daughter's schedule is. Usually a nap after she's been up for 4 hours and then bedtime between 8-8:30. She wakes up around 7:00 AM.
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I got mine up about 7/730 . Then down for nap at one. 2hr nap . Bed at 8/830
tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Thanks! That is my plan for tomorrow. It is day one of wake the toddler. Lol I hate to wake any sleeping child, but I think for the sake of everyones sleep and mommies sanity it is time to wake the baby. Haha
I got her down at 9 tonight..and planning to wake her at 7 tomorrow morning.

Quoting kimber2465:

I got mine up about 7/730 . Then down for nap at one. 2hr nap . Bed at 8/830

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting We12:

That sounds like a great idea! That's pretty much how my daughter's schedule is. Usually a nap after she's been up for 4 hours and then bedtime between 8-8:30. She wakes up around 7:00 AM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)