Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Does this make us bad parents?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

We are thinking about going a indoor waterpark, one in which you stay over night and are at the park for 2 days. We went last year and took our then 6 year old and the baby was 6 months o,d at the time so she stayed with my mom. Well ow she is 17 months old and we are debating on ot taking her she can't ride the slides. There is a kiddie pool that she can get in and that is About it. and we had a blast last year going.down the slides and just having a good time with our oldest! but I will feel bad in a way if we don't take her. She loves the water but she is still so little. We are going with another couple that has two children and will be sharing a room with them and that is the other issue. I think we will be totally stressed out trying to get her to sleep with a room with that may people and she still wakes in the night some and I don't want her waking everybody up. And it is way too expensive for us to get our own room. So take her and no tube able to do as much and possible a little stressed or leave her at home with grandma!  I think my friend thinks I'm terrible for not taking her! whAt would you do????

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I would leave her at home.  I am sure grandma spoils her rotten during the visit.  And that gives big sister a break and time for big girl fun.

Camsmom101007
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Hmmmm leaving her I would do. You know she would be tuckered out from sun and water though....I completely get it, your friend must not have kids....lol...does place have childcare? Could grandparents come and split a room? Just suggestions.

saysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Well it is an indoor waterpark and yes she does have kids. It is the friend that I'm going with. I stay home with my little one so I don't feel as utility about things. Whereas my friend works a lot and wants to spend all her time with her kids on the weekends.

MMerrill
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Well the good thing is it's your kid and not hers!  If she thinks you are terrible for that, then she isn't a very sensible person.  We all need some time away, especially if we are at home with them 24/7 during the week.

So she can worry about her trip, and you can worry about yours, because you are going to be the one coming home stressed out, having not had any fun on a trip that should be lots of fun!  So leave the little one at grandma's and have a fun time :O)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I have taken both my children when they were infants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I would leave her at home in your situation. My oldest is only three so we won't be planning waterpark trips anytime soon but I would let her stay with grandma and go have fun!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Not touching it....
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM
We always take our kids everywhere.

But if splitting them is an option and it works for you go for it.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM

i think the oldest will like all the attention being spent on her too.  i dont see the harm in leaving the youngest with grandma.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM

leave her at home with grandma if grandma is happy to watch her. I don't think that makes you bad parents at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)