Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Does this make us bad parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are thinking about going a indoor waterpark, one in which you stay over night and are at the park for 2 days. We went last year and took our then 6 year old and the baby was 6 months o,d at the time so she stayed with my mom. Well ow she is 17 months old and we are debating on ot taking her she can't ride the slides. There is a kiddie pool that she can get in and that is About it. and we had a blast last year going.down the slides and just having a good time with our oldest! but I will feel bad in a way if we don't take her. She loves the water but she is still so little. We are going with another couple that has two children and will be sharing a room with them and that is the other issue. I think we will be totally stressed out trying to get her to sleep with a room with that may people and she still wakes in the night some and I don't want her waking everybody up. And it is way too expensive for us to get our own room. So take her and no tube able to do as much and possible a little stressed or leave her at home with grandma!  I think my friend thinks I'm terrible for not taking her! whAt would you do????

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Replies (21-22):
DaniandTom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM

She'll never know the difference and no, that does not make you bad parents! Enjoy yourselves! She'll be old enough some day to go with you and enjoy it too but right now, it would pretty much make your entire stay about her and how to keep her from waking everyone and naps and feedings and on and on and on. Go have some fun! Parenthood will be there when you get back!

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Is your husband going?  If so, take turns with the baby.  If not, leave her with Grandma.  Jmo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)