Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need help not sure what to do with dd

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

At 7 gave dd the gerber spinach n cheese pasta pickup, hour later she threw it up, i gave her some pedialyte after that then an hour later she threw that up along with what she ate, and she just threw up at 11:30 and then 30 min later, should i just keep watching her or take her to the er? She also has been sick for over a week now, she broke her fever a couple days ago, she was also diagnosed with croup and upper respiratory infection. She is also on medication for her croup, been on medicine for a week. Oh she will be 1yr old in two weeks.

Update: 2:26pm

Took her in and she has the stomach flu,hoping she gets better, seems to can't even keep 3oz of pedialyte down :( but the dr said she look hydrated

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM
With all that going on I'd take her in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I would take her in .   They can help with nausea and any other symptoms that still need managing.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I would just keep an eye on her. Hopefully she is feeling better soon. Offer small drinks of pedialite or formula every half hour or so. If she keeps throwing up I would take her in

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

feel better

JacksonGirl
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Keep an eye on her and keep giving her fluids even if she keeps throwing up. That little they get dehydrated fast last yr my nephew then 1 1/2 was in the er with the flu they said he was hydrated and sent him home 5 hrs later he was very lethargic they rushed him back to the er and he was admitted for dehydration.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)