Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Will this birth be premi and will I need another C section?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

My last two pregnancies were girls and throughout my pregnancies i had spotting and mutiple accounts of preterm labor that had to be stopped. One pregnancy I had  to do progesterone shots weekly and it sucked and I still delivered both girls one month early with my second one landing in the nicu. It sucked and it was scary I also had to have emergency C section with her. Now I took tests at home and they say Im preggers but im waiting for my blood results to come back to confirm a yes for me. Im just wondering how this pregnancy will turn out. So far I have no spotting....but do you think Ill have another premi? I heard about someone having two premi babies and one that was past due. Will I need to have it by c section? My youngest is only 19 months. Im still numb where my scar is...if I have to have another will it also be horizontal?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Most cesareans aren't necessary, so you probably will not need one.  
Why did you have cesareans before?

pinkyj619
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My first was a natural, but the second one was C section because she was breach. I heard so many rumors about if you get pregnant within 2 years of a having a c section you have to have another one...Ive heard once you have a c section always a c section, Ive heard its rare to find a Dr that will let you have a natural birth after having one. I wouldnt care about it if I could be certain this baby will be born at term

doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Quoting pinkyj619:

My first was a natural, but the second one was C section because she was breach. I heard so many rumors about if you get pregnant within 2 years of a having a c section you have to have another one...Ive heard once you have a c section always a c section, Ive heard its rare to find a Dr that will let you have a natural birth after having one. I wouldnt care about it if I could be certain this baby will be born at term

No, it is not "always a cesarean" (that is much more dangerous for moms and babies), and time between babies doesn't usually matter unless it's an intervention-friendly doctor), cesarean for breech is common with providers that aren't as well trained-experienced--   you can avoid so much simply by who you hire to attend your maternity care!
:-)

If you don't know your options, you don't have any.           ~Korte & Scaer

Mothers need to know that their care and their choices won't be compromised by birth politics.                                                                                            ~Jennifer Rosenberg

Midwives see birth as a miracle and only mess with it if there's a problem;
doctors see birth as a problem and if they don't mess with it, it's a miracle!     
~Barbara Harper

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Good grief! 

These are questions you should be asking your DOCTOR!

We do not know your accurate medical history. We do not know your actual physical condition. We do not know the actual physical condition of your baby (which at this point, if you are actually pregnant, is still just a bunch of cells). We are not doctors!

Every person, and every pregnancy is different. At this stage (a bunch of cells stuck together), no one, not even a doctor, can reliably predict how the pregnancy will turn out.

Calm down, and talk to your doctor!

StacyO722
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Every pregnancy is different. You do not always need to have a c-section after having one. It's called a VBAC, research it. Look into the risks in both directions. There are ladies on here that will push you one way or the other. Only you know what is right for your body. Discuss all options with your Dr. If he/she is not willing to discuss the possibility of a VBAC with you, it might be time to look for another Dr. Good luck...

pinkyj619
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Thanks. Yea I have military Dr.s and I don't know how it is everywhere but before I had like three different obgyn helping and then whatever Dr. Was on call when I delivered. So having a birth plan is not really an option its a spur of the moment whoever is the Dr when I go into labor which is really annoying and I couldn't have a civilian Dr because my pregnancy last time was high risk. I just wanted some opinions thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Quoting pinkyj619:

Thanks. Yea I have military Dr.s and I don't know how it is everywhere but before I had like three different obgyn helping and then whatever Dr. Was on call when I delivered. So having a birth plan is not really an option its a spur of the moment whoever is the Dr when I go into labor which is really annoying and I couldn't have a civilian Dr because my pregnancy last time was high risk. I just wanted some opinions thank you

Overall that is not great news.  
It helps to develop a relationship, have continuity of care, and informed consent with the provider you'd interviewed and picked because they are a Good Fit for you.

But you can still work for health and safety, informed consent, a birth plan, and your goals & preferences though!

You can even start making a list of your preferences now~~

:-)

Reluctant doctors like to believe that they haven't much influence over
their patients, but that is clearly not the case. Several studies have
found that when doctors genuinely encouraged women to have VBACs, most
of them did, and when they said nothing or acted neutral, most women
didn't. Finally, when obstetricians discouraged VBAC in women who
wanted to try it,none of them did.

Henci Goer, Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Quoting nuts4scouts:

Calm down, and talk to your doctor!

lol   Why are you so excited?
 (op didn't use any
exclamations-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN